autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

best windshield washer fluid/additive

I see offerings from 1Z, Wurth, and P21S. I have tried the 303 stuff and it was not bad but I want better if its avalable.
    has anyone tried any of these?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: best windshield washer fluid/additive

I found that P21S left a white spotted look on areas outside the swept area of the wipers. Since then I went back to the ole blue stuff but could use water with Aquapel treatment.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the P21s additive!

I think it works well but it does leave the residue where the wipers don't reach if you add a bit too much. I tend to use too much so I get the residue but I like the strong cleaning power that removes the road grease. Infact it's so good that I ordered 5 bottles in my last AG order (it really is the best I've ever used!).

I don't really mind the residue as it can be cleaned with some DP Krystal Vison when I get home or it can just sit till I next wash the car and be removed with normal water.

I haven't tried the Wurth or 1Z but they're probablly quite similar.

I'd also like to know who Germany's "famous auto maker" that requested P21s to manufacture a good quality windshield washer additive was- Google search and no luck!

Post Thanks / Like

i agree. i love the p21s however i was using too much and leaving the white spots also. cut back and viola! problem solved. on occasion i use onr in my tank too with good results

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, don't mean to steal this thread. Has anyone used the Wurth Screen Wash Additive? If purchased, I would like to use it for winterizing my windshield washer reservoir but have no idea as to the dilution ratios. Product descriptions and reviews (Google, Yahoo and Bing) are vague or almost non-existent. Also looking at similar de-icing/anti-frost products from Einszett and Glass Science.

It never fails. Whenever anything hits the windshield, it's always on the driver's side....and at eye level!

Post Thanks / Like

I use ONR & IPA combined.
    No snow or freezing temps here (Australia) but for you guys in the cold I imagine the IPA would work as an anti-freeze too.
    Not sure how much it would take though?

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Check out the newest addition to the Pinnacle line - Pinnacle GlassWork Windshield Washer Booster

Driving with a windshield that’s constantly dirty is like driving with bald tires; it’s a safety hazard. Since it’s impossible to get out of your vehicle during rush hour traffic or while on the freeway to remove bugs, grease, and grime off the windshield, we developed this product to do all the work for you. Simply add the proper amount to your windshield washer reservoir (most vehicles have a reservoir that holds 1 gallon) and you’ll be set for months! One 16 ounce bottle of Pinnacle GlassWork Windshield Washer Booster treats 16 gallons of windshield washer fluid. What’s more, the bottle has a built-in measuring cup to ensure the correct amount is used every time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    Check out the newest addition to the Pinnacle line - Pinnacle GlassWork Windshield Washer Booster

Driving with a windshield that’s constantly dirty is like driving with bald tires; it’s a safety hazard. Since it’s impossible to get out of your vehicle during rush hour traffic or while on the freeway to remove bugs, grease, and grime off the windshield, we developed this product to do all the work for you. Simply add the proper amount to your windshield washer reservoir (most vehicles have a reservoir that holds 1 gallon) and you’ll be set for months! One 16 ounce bottle of Pinnacle GlassWork Windshield Washer Booster treats 16 gallons of windshield washer fluid. What’s more, the bottle has a built-in measuring cup to ensure the correct amount is used every time.
    This will be on an order in the near future

Buddy

Post Thanks / Like

I might give that a try

Post Thanks / Like

would any of these windshield products remove the glass sealant like aquapel and diamondite glass shield?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast