autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Best Cleaner/Wax

Need some opinions...What is the best Cleaner/Wax to keep a new White car nice and clean and white?
    Darren

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Cleaner/Wax

no opinions?
    Darren

Post Thanks / Like

For a new car, you might want to use regularly a good quality cleaner wax like Megs' M20 Polymer Sealant. It's a milder cleaner wax than others out there, but it might just be the ticket for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I wasn't sure if you were asking for a Cleaner Wax or a cleaner and a wax hahaha. But if you are looking for something that really cleans the paint of all contaminates and really prepares the surface for wax, you could look at Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion which is great stuff. Maybe even some clay bars too. However, Akimel suggested megs poly sealant and that will just work great as well!

The better prepared the surface, the WHITER it shall be!
    Last edited by AudiTTman; 08-03-2009 at 07:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

whenever you ask opinions on "what's the best" regarding ANYTHING, you are going to get a million different answers, all dependent on who answers you and what product THAT responder likes themselves.
    Probably 99% of any answers you get won't give you an actual "THE BEST" based on any objective testing but rather simply what someone else thinks or feels works well for them so they use it and therefore likes to recommend it.

The best you can do at that point is take these recommended products, try a few out for yourself and see what works for you and what YOU like. Some may give better results over others while others you may find are just easier to use so you are willing to somewhat compromise a bit of end-result quality for ease of use, etc.

As for as MY opinion, I have no idea if it's "the best" or not even close to the best, but for a all-in-one, one step product, for cleaner/wax or polish wax, I use a lot of the Megs D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream.
    It has a polish factor of 4 (same as the Megs M205 polish), has polishing oils for the paint, and has a nice carnuba wax.

On all my details that i'm not doing separate step paint correction, just a regular wash, wax, interior, etc the D151 is my standard use product since it gives me some polishing power for minor swirls, marks, scuffs, etc plus the wax all in one step.
    I use it with my Flex 3401 polisher and usually a LC white pad.

I've been very satisfied with the results from the D151 as a AIO product but as I said initially, this is just MY opinion and you will probably get a ton of others with a wide array of various products recommended.

Post Thanks / Like

Klasse AIO has worked very well for me on my wife's white Accord. It definitely gets that layer of film (I'm sure you know what I'm talking about, since you also own a white car) off to bring back your white car's original brightness. Zaino AIO works very well too, but it's a little bit pricier. I've also used Mother's Cleaner Wax. It's cleaning ability is also very good and it leaves a very nice shine, but it's not as slick as the KAIO or ZAIO and it doesn't last as long. However, it's a lot cheaper and readily available anywhere in the known universe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BarryK View Post
    whenever you ask opinions on "what's the best" regarding ANYTHING, you are going to get a million different answers, all dependent on who answers you and what product THAT responder likes themselves.
    Probably 99% of any answers you get won't give you an actual "THE BEST" based on any objective testing but rather simply what someone else thinks or feels works well for them so they use it and therefore likes to recommend it.

The best you can do at that point is take these recommended products, try a few out for yourself and see what works for you and what YOU like. Some may give better results over others while others you may find are just easier to use so you are willing to somewhat compromise a bit of end-result quality for ease of use, etc.

+10000

Best post ever!!

I like Klasse AIO as far as ease of use and diversity of product, although I have wanted to try the Meg's 151 cause I have heard good things.

Post Thanks / Like

Duragloss 105, and if the paint needs more cleaning use Duragloss 501. Meguiars Color X is good as is Poorboys polish with carnuba and polish with sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars Color X is a great cleaner wax. I use it on our cars via the pc all the time. Looks and works great.
    Autogeek OG. Attended detail fest I/II. Still detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

I thought that Color X was just a paint cleaner and not a wax.

What about the Wheel Wax Glacier Polish & Sealant? That is supposed to clean and leave a sealant behind.

I really like Optimum Poli-Seal and Zaino Z-AIO. Z-AIO is easier on, but Poli-Seal is easier to buff off. Both work on paint, glass, plastic, and metal.

There is also Pinnacle XMT 360 which can be applied by hand or by machine.
    08 Subaru WRX

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast