autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

HELP newb with first order please

Hi guys I just go the following as a gift, its my first ever car detailing stuff

- Turtle Wax Black Box T3KT
    - Mothers California Gold Clay Bar System 07240
    - Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo and Conditioner G7164
    - Chemical Guys MicroFiber Rejuvenator Microfiber Cleaning Detergent Concentrate

Im doing this by hand since im a rookie, the black box will finish fast since we own 3 cars, then ill have more experience and step up to a 7424xp/g110 and get some quality products from AG.

Heres my order so far from AG, you guys think itll compliment what I got above?

- The Grit Guard Insert (2X)
    - Black Wheel and White/Yellow ShMITT Combo
    - Cobra Guzzler Combo Kit (supreme and regular guzzler)
    - Cobra Mango Breeze Microfiber Towels 3 Pack
    - Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer Interior Wipes
    - Stoner Invisible Glass Trio

Black box comes with 2 applicator pads, mothers clay bar has a microfiber towel and stoner glass comes with a cobra glass waffle weave so looks like im alright with towels.

I have a dilemma that is the reason for delaying my order with AG. Should I get a Mega Applicator Combo Kit . If I do indeed go with a rotary/pc machine once im done the black box then would the Mega Applicator Combo Kit be a waste?? Is it already overkill for what im doing now?

Thanks guys look forward to hearing from ya, this forum rocks!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HELP newb with first order please

I'd leave out the Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer Interior Wipes, I didn't like the spray version of it and I'm gonna guess that the formula would be the same for the wipes as well.

I'm not a fan of the grit guard system, but others like it so you may as well get it (but do use the two bucket system).

As for the ShMITT, I use a lambs wool wash mitt. I'd go for one of those (although I use a Meguiar's Lambs Wool wash mitt and I can't find those ones on AG).

Everything else you've got on order looks good.

I bought a Mega applicator combo kit, and it's got applicators for AFRICA!!!! But, I find that it offers peace of mind as I know that if I drop one applicator I can throw it away and I have another one to replace it. I would definitely recommend buying it as you'll find it very very useful.

The gold class is probably the best otc shampoo you can get so you've really got a winner there!
    Last edited by Matt; 07-24-2009 at 07:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure how you could not be a fan of the grit gaurd system as I always have grit (hence the name) sitting under the gaurd even when cleaning pretty clean vehicles. Get the grit gaurd.

What do you have for a wax/sealer?
    2007 Mustang GT 5-Speed
    2008 Superduty 6.4 Twin Turbo

Post Thanks / Like

I have used both the Meg's QID and wipes too. If you want something to clean your interior and not have anything added, Meg's works in my opinion. It is not the only product I used but it is cost effective cleaner for any premixed product. I would get the spray since unless you use them quickly they may dry out a bit.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well for the wax its the turtle wax black box system for now Black Box Link until i run out then Ill get some good stuff from AG. It comes with

- 12 oz. Pre-Wax Cleaner,
    - 12 oz. Black Carnauba Wax,
    - 12 oz. Spray Detailer (2X)

not sure about sealant, i guess its just a wax and not a sealant. Should I get one?
    Last edited by DonS; 07-25-2009 at 09:34 AM.