autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Interior

Post Thanks / Like

Interior

Im my days of deatiling @ various shops i find most NEWERvehicle's especially HI-END customers doesn't want GREASY stuff on their leather.

So my question ...What would you use on this interior? (scuff marks,etc would be present)

Authorized Dealer of
    D2FORGED WHEELS

www.gkautospa.com

Mike Phillips

Re: Interior

We just shot a video using a two step approach for cleaning, conditioning and protecting leather and a one-step approach for cleaning, conditioning and protecting leather and all products worked excellent without leaving any kind of greasy, or shiny finish.

For the two-step approach we used the Pinnacle Leather & Vinyl Cleaner and the Pinnacle Leather Conditioner . The Leather and Vinyl Cleaner is safe enough for use on both leather and vinyl and the leather conditioner can be used on both leather and vinyl, because often times an interior will be a combination of both materials these two products and even the one below are safe for any leather interior.

For the one-step approach we used the and also the one-step spray, Pinnacle Leather Cleaner & Conditioner

These products are water based, VOC compliant. They contain no petroleum distillates or solvents so they won't dry out the leather or the stitching. They also won't leave a greasy, or slick surface behind. Clicking on the links will take you to specifics about each product.

I'm with the owners on the appearance of leather, even blue and yellow leather, I wouldn't want it to be slippery or have an artificial shine, I would want it to be cleaned, conditioned and protected on a regular basis as part of a maintenance program just like the drivetrain is maintained, especially any surface that are touched by human skin, like arm rests, the steering wheel and the face of the lower seat cushion where skin can touch if a person is wearing shorts or if a lady is wearing a skirt or dress.

Your body emits perspiration which is oils, acids and salts and this can cause staining and dirt build-up over time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    We just shot a video using a two step approach for cleaning, conditioning and protecting leather and a one-step approach for cleaning, conditioning and protecting leather and all products worked excellent without leaving any kind of greasy, or shiny finish.

For the two-step approach we used the Pinnacle Leather & Vinyl Cleaner and the Pinnacle Leather Conditioner . The Leather and Vinyl Cleaner is safe enough for use on both leather and vinyl and the leather conditioner can be used on both leather and vinyl, because often times an interior will be a combination of both materials these two products and even the one below are safe for any leather interior.

For the one-step approach we used the and also the one-step spray, Pinnacle Leather Cleaner & Conditioner

These products are water based, VOC compliant. They contain no petroleum distillates or solvents so they won't dry out the leather or the stitching. They also won't leave a greasy, or slick surface behind. Clicking on the links will take you to specifics about each product.

I'm with the owners on the appearance of leather, even blue and yellow leather, I wouldn't want it to be slippery or have an artificial shine, I would want it to be cleaned, conditioned and protected on a regular basis as part of a maintenance program just like the drivetrain is maintained, especially any surface that are touched by human skin, like arm rests, the steering wheel and the face of the lower seat cushion where skin can touch if a person is wearing shorts or if a lady is wearing a skirt or dress.

Your body emits perspiration which is oils, acids and salts and this can cause staining and dirt build-up over time.

Thanx Mike,i really appreciate the clarity of your responses!

It's the beginning of a New Era for me as a detailer & im studying this site as well as others to Perfect my work. I need my name ringing in the streets as The "GO TO GUY" if you want your car looking its best!

thanx again!
    Authorized Dealer of
    D2FORGED WHEELS

www.gkautospa.com

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by GK Auto Spa View Post

I need my name ringing in the streets as The "GO TO GUY" if you want your car looking its best!

thanx again!

Nothing builds a good name like honest, hard work and lots of it...

Success never comes easy, it comes from paying you dues for years and sticking with one thing that you have a passion for...

You're doing a great job by the way!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GK Auto Spa View Post
    So my question ...What would you use on this interior? (scuff marks,etc would be present)

A new upholstery guy cause that thing is god awful

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbin1 View Post
    It's very unique. I will give it that! Hijack over
    2008 honda cbr1000rr
    2005 mustang gt
    2000 f350

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbin1 View Post
    Not my particular favorite either! Its actually from a Porsche Panamera Mansory Edition. There's an ugly Bentley with these same colors thats worse...

Mansory | AutoGuide.com News
    Authorized Dealer of
    D2FORGED WHEELS

www.gkautospa.com

Mike Phillips

Just a note...

Interior pictures have been restored...

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Go pick up a bottle of Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer at Walmart for $5.

Post Thanks / Like

I love Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer. Not greasy, doesn't leave a shine, and, it smells great!!!