autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Four Star UPP w/ Polycharger

Hey Everyone,

This summer pretty much flew by, all without a lot of detailing on my side. Most of the summer the weather patterns made it incredibly difficult to complete a detail without rain. Hopefully this fall will be better. Anyways, I bought some of the new 4* UPP enhanced with Polycharger a few months ago and never got around to using it. I have used almost 2 full bottles of the original UPP and also the UPPS (the spray sealant). To say the least, UPP is one of my favorite sealants. However, the initial slickness of the original product went away fairly fast. That became less of a big deal when they introduced the UPPS for maitenance protection / rejuvination. And now it has became even less of a deal now that UPP comes from the factory with Polycharger.

Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection with Polycharger is still like the traditional UPP with the added polymers of PC which should enhance durability. I applied UPP with my PC and a 6.5" finishing pad. I applied a thin bead of product around the middle of the pad, which was enough product to go around 1/4th of the vehicle (BMW M3), so a little goes a long way. The directions state to leave the product on the paint for at least 20 minutes, probably the longer, the better. I left it on the paint for about 40 minutes and it wiped off effortlessly, just the like original UPP. The appearance is still spot on with the UPP (which always looked great on silver) and the slickness was very good, the best that I've felt in a very long time. The big question which you are probably wondering is durability ... well that'll have to wait, this vehicle is almost a garage queen and I won't be able to monitor its durability. But I plan on doing the Tacoma half and half with the old UPP and the new UPP with PC for comparison, if anyone is interested. The pictures aren't the greatest and probably don't show much, but hey, it's better than all text.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Four Star UPP w/ Polycharger

Wonderful you share my favorite sealant. I have had the old formula (no polycharger) orn my car for 3 months now and water still beads up like it did the first week. This stuff is amazing and cant wait to try the new stuff!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review! My Four Star UPP isn't coming till tomorrow but probably won't use it till this weekend or next weekend.
    Jon C.
    '98 BMW M3 Coupe - Techno Violet

Post Thanks / Like

love the stuff...i use to top it with souveran but i think i like just by itself, and the protection is awesome!

nice write up and great pics

Post Thanks / Like

I got a free sample from a gracious member and I absolutely love this stuff. It actually really makes the flake pop and I got great reflections on my silver Evo. Now I've got to buy a bottle... Crap... lol
    2003 Lancer Evolution VIII
    Buschur TBE, Apex'i intake, Hallman Pro RX MBC, Evo 9 and Forge DV's, Swift Sport Machs, FP Green, ETS 3.5 FMIC and piping, Megan coated mani, Megan O2 housing,injectors, Walbro 255, HKS 272's, ARP headstuds, and Cosworth headgasket

381 AWHP, 91 octane and 25psi

272 AWHP (DynoDynamics, 312AWHP DynoJet) 93 oct
    252 AWHP (DynoDynamics, 292AWHP Dynojet) 91 oct
    ^^^Old numbers

Post Thanks / Like

That car looks incredible. Going to have to have that.

Post Thanks / Like

yayyy more people should get it...its shows gloss just like a wax...it is very easy on and off

Post Thanks / Like

upp with pc is absolutely amazing.
    and a little does go a long way. the bottle will last ages.

have you tried out wolfgang dgps (non pc) ?
    i'm wondering how different they are...

Post Thanks / Like

you all should do yourself a favor and try their new spray wax. Its a booster to UPP and can be used alone. It offers more gloss and seems to add back the slickness that certain harsh soaps remove.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    you all should do yourself a favor and try their new spray wax. Its a booster to UPP and can be used alone. It offers more gloss and seems to add back the slickness that certain harsh soaps remove.
    That spray wax is I think the best topper and it works great on souveran gives it a wet look and adds slickness
    I am a underachieving at overachieving and feel good about it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast