autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Help me choose my interior cleaners...

To start I am not a pro, I take care of my 2 cars and help out the family and a few friends.
    I am looking for some good cleaners to use for the dash, vinyl and plastic pieces in the car. What is good to clean and condition leather? Carpet, headliner, cloth seats?
    I was lookin at surf city voodoo for the leather, optimuim protectant plus for the dash, vinyl and plastics. But there are sooo many other companies out there that also have my attention I figure I see what everyone else is using?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help me choose my interior cleaners...

Those are great choices.
    Detailed Reflections

Post Thanks / Like

carpets --- Folex or Wolfgang Spot Remover
    leather --- Connollys Leather, Pinnacle, SurfCity, or Four Starr
    dash/doors --- Poorboys Natural Look

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    carpets --- Folex or Wolfgang Spot Remover
    leather --- Connollys Leather, Pinnacle, SurfCity, or Four Starr
    dash/doors --- Poorboys Natural Look

Post Thanks / Like

What about for cloth seats?

Post Thanks / Like

To remove stains the surface tension that bonds them must be released, then the stain encapsulated and held in suspension to be removed. I’m repeatedly asked which product is the best interior cleaner. There is no one-product answer; as the so-called all purpose cleaners (APC) do not remove every stain, different stains require different solvents to remove them.

Before cleaning a stain ascertain the material and try detergent and water before using a specific cleaner. Once fabric is clean apply a fabric protection (303TM High Tech Fabric Guard) Between these cleaners you should be able to remove 99% of stains occurring in a vehicle and around the home; Start with a 10:1 solution and decrease dilution as necessary;
    Carpets- 303™ Rug / Upholstery Cleaner & Spot Remover or Folex Instant Carpet Spot Remover
    P21S Total Auto Wash (its active ingredient is d-limonene (citrus) a safe all purpose cleaner (APC)
    Woolite® Heavy Traffic Carpet Foam or Hoover Deep Cleansing Carpet/Upholstery Detergent

Fabric seats - 303™ Rug / Upholstery Cleaner & Spot Remover or 303™ Aerospace Cleaner
    Duragloss FC (Fabric & Carpet Cleaner, Aerosol Foam) is a blend of surfactants, which encapsulates and gently foams away soil, oil and grease from fabric and carpet surfaces. Spot cleaning can be done without leaving rings on fabric - http//:We Are Car Care -- Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detailing Supplies, Car Buffers & Car Accessories Store
    Vinyl interior trim cleaning- the interior trim consists of the dash, vents, hard plastic surfaces and vinyl trim. These surfaces all can be cleaned using a damp micro fibre towel and a 5:1 Woolite / distilled water solution and with a water-based, anti-static cleaner Iz einszett Cockpit Premium; even at high temperatures, its thermo-stable action protects the product against break-down or 1Z Cockpit Premium as a matte finish dressing.

Alternative - Einszett Vinyl-Rubber Care + Protectant 'Tiefenpfleger'
    Plastic - For all plastic surfaces (BTI Chemicals Plexus® Plastic Polish & Cleaner) including wood, as they are protected with a urethane clear coat

Leather a 6:1 solution of LM Soft Cleaner and distilled water and Leather Master Protection, as a shield against stains etc

Washable surfaces - Distilled water / Woolite 10:1 or 303 Cleaner & Spot Remover ™

Glass surfaces - Stoner's Invisible Glass and a (Norwex) glass cleaning cloth with a super tight knit.

Headliner - Duragloss 451 Fabric & Carpet Cleaner Aerosol Foam (FC) Is a blend of surfactants, which gently foam away soil, oil and grease from fabric and carpet surfaces. Spot cleaning can be done without leaving rings on fabrics, carpet and velour

Wood surfaces – Klasse or Zaino All-In-One (AIO)

Ultra violet (UV) protection - for all interior surfaces- 303™ Aerospace Protectant or
    Optimum Protectant Plus

Fabric / Carpet Protection – 303™ High Tech Fabric Guard, 3M Scotchgard™ Fabric protector Fluorochemicals (polymer latex) are mostly inert so by applying it to fabric it can be protected from stains and soiling.

Leather Protection – Leather Master’s Protection

Ultra Violet Protection (UV) - 303™ Aerospace Protectant