autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Longer lasting LSP

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Blackfire would probably last the longest.
    No experience with Blackfire. Any particular experience vs Collinite to share? I'm always up for trying new products if a compelling argument can be made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have hi temp on the shelf, it was good but I never run stuff for very long because new stuff always comes out...lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I've used quite a few on your list. I've never had good durability luck with 845 when compared to Z2 and DG 105 but that could be cuz I live in a winter salt belt and tend to wash a lot. I've had the best durability results with Zaino Z2 but it does give white a kinda plastic look which I really don't mind. As mentioned above, the Duragloss 111/601 combo is pretty close to Z2 and is what I'm currently using on my daily drivers.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The Blackfire wet diamond feels the most slick of the lot but after a wash or two dramatically reduces. Not saying it's not protecting but most of the slickness is gone

The collinites don't feel as slick initially but feel to maintain it longer

The finish Kare hi temp seems to go on and off so easy. A pleasure to use

I've ready somewhere that the zaino is durable if washing etc but a bit of bird poop eats right through it. Many of the other LSP seems to resist the bird poop better

The megs stuff looks nice on the car but don't last. Maybe the megs 365 is better

The bh double speed seems to look cloudy the next day. Looks nice and easy to use but next day goes cloudy looking. Tried it a few times now on black and no good

Duragloss is good stuff

Fusso coat feels slick etc but hard to remove if you leave it too long. Harder than the collinites

For all round performance I think the finish Kare high temp take some beating. It's an awesome product

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FishyX View Post

...the Duragloss 111/601 combo is pretty close to Z2 and is what I'm currently using on my daily drivers.
    Hey FishyX and everyone else... The statement about the Duragloss combo I found intriguing and did some research. What colors are the daily drivers you are using it on and that you like it on? I have a brand new gray metallic jeep that I'm searching for the right combo of looks and durability. Frankly I do like the Z2 look, which I've always described as looking like an acrylic layer (agree it looks plastic-ie on white). Years ago I was able to get his deep acrylic look with HGAS and used it over WG and UPP quiet a bit. Playing with Sonus Glanz right now.

Thanks-
    JeffW

Mike Phillips

Just to chime in...

Probably the MOST important factor as to how long anything lasts would be how the car is washed.

Or as I like to say, how the paint is touched.

Wash a car with a brick and nothing is going to last very long. Wash a car CAREFULLY using a high quality wash mitt and avoid scrubbing the paint and you give whatever is on the paint the best chance of lasting as long as it can.

Some tips here for washing coated cars but the principals apply to washing a waxed car or a car with a sealant on it.

Here's the link to the article - if you have any questions, please post them to the article.

How to wash a coated car - The Gentle Approach for Washing a Car by Mike Phillips

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HU11LK View Post
    The Blackfire wet diamond feels the most slick of the lot but after a wash or two dramatically reduces. Not saying it's not protecting but most of the slickness is gone

The collinites don't feel as slick initially but feel to maintain it longer

The finish Kare hi temp seems to go on and off so easy. A pleasure to use

I've ready somewhere that the zaino is durable if washing etc but a bit of bird poop eats right through it. Many of the other LSP seems to resist the bird poop better

The megs stuff looks nice on the car but don't last. Maybe the megs 365 is better

The bh double speed seems to look cloudy the next day. Looks nice and easy to use but next day goes cloudy looking. Tried it a few times now on black and no good

Duragloss is good stuff

Fusso coat feels slick etc but hard to remove if you leave it too long. Harder than the collinites

For all round performance I think the finish Kare high temp take some beating. It's an awesome product
    Funny you should mention that about the BlackFire Wet Diamond product. I experienced the exact same problem. Literally a day or 2 after applying it, the majority of the slickness and much of the initial shine was gone. I was so disappointed. I stopped using it for that reason. Too bad though because when you first put it on, it is incredibly shiny and slick as hell. Just loses it within a couple of days. I'm sure there is some sort of "protection" left behind. But because of the dramatic loss in appearance and slickness, it's just not the product for me.

Post Thanks / Like

What about McKees hi def Paint sealant?? I've not used it on my personal car but have on some customers cars and it was very slick when put on and great shine.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been getting good mileage out of Super Gloss Protection. Just have to have the time to let it cure properly.

jordan

Post Thanks / Like

idk but you can stretch it way out by using spray waxes after washing. Or tell the owner to use them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast