autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ceramic Coating For 1st Time User

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinasFinestDetailing View Post
    I`ll try not and sound biased....but CQUartz Classic. This is absolutely the best over the counter coating in my opinion. Perfect example, I have multiple panels on my Sienna that was applied over 4 years ago. The van saw 2 winters. And it has sat outside pretty much 24/7 the last few years. It still beads amazing. I wash it once a month and do a yearly decontamination wash.

CQuartz Classic is great to apply and level and looks amazing. Good luck!
    Would you recommend using something from carpro like essence to polish before hand or will m205 be fine? also how is it with high spots. I have never applied a coating to paint and do not want to mess it up lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Hate to be the contrarian guy, but Cosmic did not perform nearly that well for me. Go to the middle of page 9 for some pictures of how it's performing relative to the others.

FYI, I've tried other panels with it and had similar results. Beading performance fell off after ~3 months and after 4-5 it was there, but not doing much. DG Coating and Cquartz UK are dramatically outperforming Cosmic. Even the original McKee's coating outperformed it. Maybe it's not as durable in wet weather?

Not that I did not continue to use the spray - I'm comparing coating duration with no additional product after they are applied.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed with Cquartz ti02. If you have good lighting to apply it so you can see your wipe down process it's a cake walk to use IMO

Yes I would use essence before hand.

Maintain by washing with reset no need for toppers

Echo2 would be your waterless/rinseless or n914 by mckees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    Agreed with Cquartz ti02. If you have good lighting to apply it so you can see your wipe down process it's a cake walk to use IMO

Yes I would use essence before hand.

Maintain by washing with reset no need for toppers

Echo2 would be your waterless/rinseless or n914 by mckees.

I have some scratches that seem to be a problem area on certain spots will essence be able to take these out? Also I heard about things where if you don't work the essence down fully it will leave behind oils that can affect proper bonding. Also if this is what I use what color pad would you recommend? I have a GG 6inch

Post Thanks / Like

Polish angel cosmic did not last at all for me..I think their products are more suited for garage queen.. I used the older version though.price and performance not worth it for me. i feel like its paint sealant but on steroids...trying mckees 37 coating now on one of my daily driver lets see how it does in winter..
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Ran

Post Thanks / Like

Regarding products Autogeek sells, I'd go with Gyeon Mohs, (topped with Gyeon Can Coat if you'd like a little extra protection/gloss). Applied to fleet vehicle at work in February 2017, vehicle has not been washed since then and still remains remarkably clean. Left a bird bomb baking on the hood for over a week in the heart of summer heat, came off without leaving a mark. The Gyeon Mohs has somewhat of a reputation for being among one of the better daily driver choices, reportedly a little 'harder' than some other choices....but I guess that validity of that claim depends on who is reporting it. Not too difficult to apply, flashes pretty quick so you're almost in wipe on, wipe off mode.

Often comes complete with Gyeon Cure 'booster' in kit, if'n ya use that (Cure) cut it with 50% distilled water for easier application with less streaking. A solid choice.

Also have some long-term fleet vehicles running Gyeon Prime, Cquartz TiO2, Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light since last winter...IMO Gyeon Mohs is outperforming all of those. Have had McKees Paint Coating (original formulation, applied Summer 2016) still doing 'OK' on a few vehicles running around the neighborhood (which frankly kinda surprised me) and originally had Wolfgang Uber Ceramic on personal vehicles from Spring 2016 thru Spring 2017 and, for me, it was a major disappointment considering the cost. Didn't make it thru the NE Ohio winter on a daily driver, which might not matter to you depending on where you live and how your car/truck is used.

There's some good vids out on YourTube regarding application of Gyeon Mohs

Also have a few non-AG coatings in the same long-term fleet testing that do fairly well, can PM me if you'd like some info on those.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    i feel like its paint sealant but on steroids...
    I've had sealants outlast Cosmic. Not sure what version I have - got mine about a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by uhohitsstevo View Post
    Also I heard about things where if you don't work the essence down fully it will leave behind oils that can affect proper bonding. Also if this is what I use what color pad would you recommend? I have a GG 6inch
    I've read this as well. I do a wipe down with CarPro eraser or my own panel wipe beforehand to avoid any potential issues. You CAN apply Cquarts over Essence, but it's not required. I usually use an LC white pad with Essence. Do a test spot, of course.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Post Thanks / Like

Pad choice is gonna depend on your vehicle defects and test spots and over all finishing etc. you can use MF with essence even. No one can tell you for sure what is gonna work before seeing what you are working on and being able to possibly have experience with that exact paint

Generally you could use a green B&s or white LC probably even a yellow rupes or burgundy megs.

Also like I said MF work too. Some paint systems there is gonna be haze.

Why are you concerned with oils on essence. Carpro polishes have a very short working time IMO

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input Budget ! I may get the MOHS for our van before winter it needs a clean up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12