autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,851
    Post Thanks / Like

    Mckees paint coating vs pinnacle black label paint coating?

    Both are formulated with nano glass ceramic particles. Both made by the same people. The pinnacle is more expensive but the mckees is a newer formula.

    Do you think there is any difference here? The pinnacle claims to be designed to be topped with your favorite carnuba. That's perfect for me but I don't see there being much difference between the 2?

    What do you guys think. The same or different?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    861
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mckees paint coating vs pinnacle black label paint coating?

    Different.

    Mckees is its own company now. Pinnacle is part of PBMG. Could they be bottled and made at the same place could be hard to say. Doubt you will get the real answer

    the mckees new one has si02 in it but many have that, doesn't make them the same. Not like Cquartz ti02 and UK are the same

    I'm imagining the new mckees to be closer to Gyeon can coat as far as comparisons go on application and make up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,851
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mckees paint coating vs pinnacle black label paint coating?

    Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    Different.

    Mckees is its own company now. Pinnacle is part of PBMG. Could they be bottled and made at the same place could be hard to say. Doubt you will get the real answer

    the mckees new one has si02 in it but many have that, doesn't make them the same. Not like Cquartz ti02 and UK are the same

    I'm imagining the new mckees to be closer to Gyeon can coat as far as comparisons go on application and make up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is the sio2 the same as nano glass? That's what they both advertise

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    861
    Post Thanks / Like

    Mckees paint coating vs pinnacle black label paint coating?

    Perhaps. It doesn't mean they are the same though. Could have 5% could have 65% doubt you will get a published number

    You won't see a lot of actual data on these products. Just vague information and hyped reviews.

    Doesn't mean they don't perform. Just no technical data useful to compare.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Senior Member The Guz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Lawndale, CA
    Posts
    4,578
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mckees paint coating vs pinnacle black label paint coating?

    They are both ceramic coatings. No need to over complicate things. One has a claim of 3 years and the other of 2 years.

    Again any coating can be topped with any wax as others mentioned in your other thread. The self cleaning effect of the coating will not let the wax stick around for that long.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT (Daily)
    2002 Chevy Camaro SS (Garage Queen)

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,851
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mckees paint coating vs pinnacle black label paint coating?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    They are both ceramic coatings. No need to over complicate things. One has a claim of 3 years and the other of 2 years.

    Again any coating can be topped with any wax as others mentioned in your other thread. The self cleaning effect of the coating will not let the wax stick around for that long.
    The pinnacle coating says specifically it was designed to be topped with a wax. It's not over complicating to assume it is different then another coating that was not designed to be topped.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,851
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mckees paint coating vs pinnacle black label paint coating?

    Quote Originally Posted by MattPersman View Post
    Perhaps. It doesn't mean they are the same though. Could have 5% could have 65% doubt you will get a published number

    You won't see a lot of actual data on these products. Just vague information and hyped reviews.

    Doesn't mean they don't perform. Just no technical data useful to compare.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know that alone doesn't mean they are the same but you take that plus the fact they they were designed and developed by the same people. Plus the fact that they have similar descriptions and ingredients. Then it's not so much of a stretch to think they are the same or very similar? I think it's a pretty legitimate question that needs clarification at the least.

    Is there something in the pinnacle coating that makes it more compatible with a top coat of wax? If so does the mckees coating also have that feature. These are legitimate questions given the three facts I listed.

    I would rather not spend the extra money on the pinnacle black label coating if the mckees coating has the same features, cost half the money and is easier to apply.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    130
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mckees paint coating vs pinnacle black label paint coating?

    I don't know about mckees, but I will never used any of Pinnacle Coating again. Both Surface coating and Black Label V.2 both are very week coating for my country climate, none of them ever exist more than 2 months. Gloss Coat and CQ stay much much longer.

  9. #9
    Senior Member The Guz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Lawndale, CA
    Posts
    4,578
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mckees paint coating vs pinnacle black label paint coating?

    Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    The pinnacle coating says specifically it was designed to be topped with a wax. It's not over complicating to assume it is different then another coating that was not designed to be topped.
    I am going to reiterate what others have mentioned in your other thread. Any coating can be topped. The reason Pinnacle says it can be topped is because they offer synergy wax in their line up. I would not worry too much about topping any coating as the self cleaning effect will keep the wax from sticking around long enough. Thus over thinking it.

    Ceramic=SiO2=Nano Glass. These are buzz words that mean the same thing. Yes every coating is going to vary based on the chemical make up.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT (Daily)
    2002 Chevy Camaro SS (Garage Queen)

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,851
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mckees paint coating vs pinnacle black label paint coating?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I am going to reiterate what others have mentioned in your other thread. Any coating can be topped. The reason Pinnacle says it can be topped is because they offer synergy wax in their line up. I would not worry too much about topping any coating as the self cleaning effect will keep the wax from sticking around long enough. Thus over thinking it.

    Ceramic=SiO2=Nano Glass. These are buzz words that mean the same thing. Yes every coating is going to vary based on the chemical make up.


    Thats not the reason why they say it. Thats your assumption. It has nothing to do with synergy wax. It clearly says "designed to be topped with your favorite carnuba wax.

    You say they are "buzz words"and "any coating can be topped" but then you say all coatings are not the same. Obviously any coating can be topped that does not mean they all should be topped.

    This stuff is all new. Pinnacle black label may have a reason to say specifically their coating is more compatible with a carnuba wax. Instead of trying to answer the question you are trying to give reasons why it shouldn't be asked. The fact is you don't know. Not a big deal but don't try to convince me I shouldn't be asking the question.

    If they claim their coating is designed specifically to be topped I want to know about that. Not about the boards coating dogma. I'm sorry but that doesn't help.

    If the question had been answered in my "other threads" I wouldn't have made this one. I can read so thanks but I don't need the reiteration.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-19-2016, 11:25 AM
  2. pinnacle black label paint coating
    By Hunter09 in forum Show N' Shine
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-08-2015, 10:15 PM
  3. Detailers Pride paint coating vs Pinnacle Black label coating
    By rwlc5 in forum Hot topics & Frequently Asked Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-16-2014, 11:08 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2013, 04:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» November 2017

293031 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 12