autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Uh oh

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    462

    Re: Uh oh

    Old Girl, you sound like one feisty lady and someone I would love to meet.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    125

    Re: Uh oh

    Pin stripes on new cars [translation] stickers added by dealers for $200 to $300 of gross profit. I'm not aware of any manufacturers that put them on. IMO they only belong on classic cars when trying to stay period correct.

  3. #13
    Senior Member RTexasF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North TX
    Posts
    2,326

    Re: Uh oh

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Girl View Post
    As I recall, that was a very good year!
    As do I. I'm also from Alamo Town and lived there back then. No worries on the pin stripes and if you like them just replace them. If not you know how to remove the remainders.
    Rick....now in North Texas

  4. #14
    Senior Member Desertnate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    St Louis metro (Illinois)
    Posts
    2,614

    Re: Uh oh

    How were these pin stripes applied? I'm trying to imagine a type that would come off during the polishing process and not be noticed.

    I had a dealer add some truly tacky stripes during a dealer trade (long story) on my Mazda. They were made of some cheap vinyl material that peeled away from the body. I think I'd notice something like that coming off while polishing since it would make a bug mess.
    Save the Manuals!!

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    41

    Re: Uh oh

    Quote Originally Posted by jsgntulok View Post
    Old Girl, you sound like one feisty lady and someone I would love to meet.
    I've been called "feisty" many times!

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    41

    Re: Uh oh

    Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    How were these pin stripes applied? I'm trying to imagine a type that would come off during the polishing process and not be noticed.

    I had a dealer add some truly tacky stripes during a dealer trade (long story) on my Mazda. They were made of some cheap vinyl material that peeled away from the body. I think I'd notice something like that coming off while polishing since it would make a bug mess.
    They were on the truck when I bought it, new, in 2013.

  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    41

    Re: Uh oh

    Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    As do I. I'm also from Alamo Town and lived there back then. No worries on the pin stripes and if you like them just replace them. If not you know how to remove the remainders.
    I was stationed at Ft. Sam on and off from 1973 until 1980. Great times at Canyon Lake
    The Riverwalk didn't look so good back then!
    I'm just ignoring the pinstripes for now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» July 2017

252627282930 1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31 12345