autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailing, a young mans game

Looks fantastic.

I would like to own a Challenger some day, I'm an early VW guy but as a nice daily driver one of these would squeal my wheels. Great colour too, very nice. Good job.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great!

Here's the best part: It gets easier/faster after you do it a few times.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you, brother....I ain't as young as springtime no more, either. I do not envy the guys who do this every day. Nice work...ride looks awesome

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    I'm with you, brother....I ain't as young as springtime no more, either. I do not envy the guys who do this every day. Nice work...ride looks awesome
    As someone who is up there in years with a mostly sedentary job, as for the detailing I do on the weekend, it is a good aerobic workout and much needed. I tend to work intensely, sweat a lot, elevate my heart rate to above 130 and end up pretty tired when I'm done. It is far more interesting than running or swimming laps which is my other form of exercise. One thing I do notice is my shoulders and upper body get a really good workout while washing and detailing four vehicles on the weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great, well done. I feel your pain, in the last 3 months, had bursitis in my knee and tendonitis in my foot. All at 52 years old.

Not sure my pride can take another ache or pain that ends in itis!!! Only positive is prescription ibuprofen and naproxen work wonders.

Post Thanks / Like

So..... I'm 74 y'so. Does that mean I'm too old to detail? Not! I'm tired after 6 to 7 hrs. but not dead. Ready to go next day if need be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    Invest in a mechanic's roller seat to save your back. I'm on my third one. Finally sprung for a pro model and it is well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I gave up on mine. On every detail (or just about), a wheel would break off. After replacing 7 of them I through the thing in the garbage. I guess these seats are designed to roll on smooth cement. So when I use them on asphalt or what ever other surface it creates too much drag on the wheels and they can't stand the sideway pull.

Post Thanks / Like

Detailing is hard work. Like anything else, it gets easier the more you do it. But after a long 10-12 hours day I am usually beat. I have learned to pace myself and take breaks. When I first started out the only break I would take would be to go to the bathroom if absolutelly necessary and drinking when thirsty. I would end the day completelly dead and it would take me 2 days to get back to some normal level of energy. Now I try to take a few breaks during the day. Take 15 minutes to eat a sandwich at noon and again at dinner time. Drink regularly during the day, mostly energy drinks now. So when I am done after a 12 hours day, I am tired but not exausted. I think besides the break, hydration is key. Getting dehydrated will just make you feel completelly dead. So beer is not a good idea, I would also avoid caffeine, since it will make your energy level go on a rollercoaster ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Detailing is hard work. Like anything else, it gets easier the more you do it. But after a long 10-12 hours day I am usually beat. I have learned to pace myself and take breaks. When I first started out the only break I would take would be to go to the bathroom if absolutelly necessary and drinking when thirsty. I would end the day completelly dead and it would take me 2 days to get back to some normal level of energy. Now I try to take a few breaks during the day. Take 15 minutes to eat a sandwich at noon and again at dinner time. Drink regularly during the day, mostly energy drinks now. So when I am done after a 12 hours day, I am tired but not exausted. I think besides the break, hydration is key. Getting dehydrated will just make you feel completelly dead. So beer is not a good idea, I would also avoid caffeine, since it will make your energy level go on a rollercoaster ride.
    I try and drink purified water which also is alkaline! I stay away from sports drinks too much sugar ( not good for you in the long run!
    I do take breaks and stretch , I eat a healthy protein and carbohydrate meal during the day !
    I do this for a living I'm 62 years old !
    And I also go to the gym 4 times a week !

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12