autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Clear bra detail

I have a new Monaco (very dark) Blue BMW 335. Right after I bought it I had the front bumper, fenders and hood covered with a Venture Shield clear bra. My last dark car rock chips drove me crazy. What do you guys use on clear bras? I've been using Plexus for qick cleaning and carnuba after washing.

I also just order RMG and Souveran for the rest of the car. Based on what I've read here, that's a good combe for dark colors. I've been using P21S products for years, and am happy with the results, but I'm always looking for something better Would it be benificial to use P21S Paintwork Cleanser prior to the RMG?

Thanks for any tips!
    ~Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clear bra detail

I've just AIO'd it after a wash and then topped with NR. And sometimes I've just QD'd it after a wash. I honestly don't know if you're supposed to treat it with more care or not. Obviously, you don't want to use a polish on it.
    07 Cosmic Blue Mazdaspeed3
    00 Black Mustang GT - Spring Ed. (for sale)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MadOzodi View Post
    I've just AIO'd it after a wash and then topped with NR. And sometimes I've just QD'd it after a wash. I honestly don't know if you're supposed to treat it with more care or not. Obviously, you don't want to use a polish on it.
    I just asked the place that installed the bra what to use for spots on the plastic (not bad spots, I'm just anal). They said a heat gun will usually take out spots and scratches. They said I can also clay it. I was surprised to hear that. It is pretty maintenance free, and has saved me a ton of chip already.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your new Bimmer. Have you clayed it yet? In answer to your question about P21S Cleanser yes I think there is a benefit. Your other products are going to look and perform better on clean preped paint. Here's the process that I'd use: Clay-P21S Cleanser-RMG-Souveran. It should look geat with the products that you've got.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    Congrats on your new Bimmer. Have you clayed it yet? In answer to your question about P21S Cleanser yes I think there is a benefit. Your other products are going to look and perform better on clean preped paint. Here's the process that I'd use: Clay-P21S Cleanser-RMG-Souveran. It should look geat with the products that you've got.
    Thanks! Yes, I have clayed it and done the whole P21S treatment. It does look very nice I've been wanting to try the Souveran for a while, and now with the dark colored car, I figured this was a good time! What would you recommend as a quick detailer with this combination? I've sure the Pinnnacle is great, but it's a little pricey. I've read soem good stuff about FK 425. Any experience with that?

Post Thanks / Like

No haven't used the FK425. I've got a new favorite that most would not guess. It's the DP Final Gloss. It's giving more shine and more lube while drying. It's replaced my Crystal Mist and Clearkote Quickshine. Haven't checked the price before posting this but DP has always been a good bang for the buck for me.