autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Swirl marks after 1 Rinseless Wash (WG Uber)

I have just started using Wolfgang Uber Rinseless to combat the heavy pollen coming down these days. None of the times have I waited more than 4 days to wash the car and the dirt is mostly just pollen.

I have washed the car 4 times now in the last 2 weeks and this final wash I noticed swirl marks are showing up where none have been before.

Wash 1: Rinseless with 1 mitt 1 bucket, I pre wet the panel with Waterless Wash dilution. No extra swirling that I saw.

Wash 2&3: Waterless wash, Spray the panel and a quick spray of the microfiber before wiping down the panels folding to clean area each pass.

Wash 4: Waterless wash without pre-wetting the panels, but using lots of microfiber towels in the solution instead of the mitt and folding to clean side each pass.

This last wash I know was the main culprit because I made one non straight pass on the hood in a slight zig zag fashion and it left swirls like that. I did this wash in the sun but never did more than a half a panel before drying it, and it was only 70 degrees out.

My only thought is that the very heavy pre-soaked microfiber towels 800GSM when dragged over the dry panel is not encapsulating the dirt well enough and is leaving swirls..

Man the way everyone has been talking about these rinseless wash and waterless wash solutions it makes it seem like there is no way you'll put in swirls because the technology is so good. Even Mike Phillips shows using rinseless on dry panels using one mitt or lots microfiber towels.

Personally after seeing this I think the wyrm like mitt (or several is probably safer for rinseless because the fibers don't matt down like a microfiber towel.) There is no place for the dirt to go on a wet microfiber towel and the leading edge is going to push a line of dirt across your paint. Compounded by the fact that these microfiber towels made for waterless washing are heavy when soaked with solution put more pressure on the paint than a mitt with your hand in it.

I'm in California and I know water restrictions are going to be coming so I need a solution that isn't using a hose. However my faith in this technology is certainly being tested. I'm rather pissed i now have to re-polish my car after spending so long doing it the first time and putting two coats of Klasse SHG on.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Swirl marks after 1 Rinseless Wash (WG Uber)

During pollen season in Florida, which is still going on since February, now it's palm tree pollen I just make sure I have a good solid sealant on our dd's. I'm a firm believer of the more you rub on your paint the more you mar the paint. No matter how careful you are if you're rubbing on contamination you'll get marring. I personally don't do rinseless or waterless washes. Never have, never will. I like the lubrication that a good foam gun and quality foaming shampoo provides. I'd recommend using a foamer during pollen season.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I am actually not allowed to technically wash my car where I live. I do, and get away with it frequently, but leaving a parking lot full of foam is not exactly going to work for me.

4. Thanks ls14camaross thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ravenquest View Post
    I am actually not allowed to technically wash my car where I live. I do, and get away with it frequently, but leaving a parking lot full of foam is not exactly going to work for me.
    That's a bummer.

I thought all that rain Cali got fixed you guys up?

We're in drought conditions right and restrictions now in Tampa, it's only rained a few times since last September but we're allowed to wash as long as a cut off devise is used.

I'd say learn to live with the swirls (that' why I have three white cars lol). Be careful about how often you polish, it's not something you want to be doing 3-4+ times a year.
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post

I thought all that rain Cali got fixed you guys up?
    Yes and no. The state is still sticking to the water regulations because one season of rain does not make up for all those years in a drought. California officials don't want to be in the same position we were in previous years.

Post Thanks / Like

Unless you are 100% sure that the swirls marks were not there before, they usually are the result of improper washing.

I would consider doing rinseless only after saturating the car with the waterless wash to put down a layer of lubrication.

I soak 1100 GSM towels in the solution and fold them in quarters. I wring out a little bit, but the towels still drip.

One quarter of the towel gets one good wipe. Then I use the next quarter for the separate wipe. So on...until all 8 quarters are used. The motion I use is with little pressure and more of a dragging.

I never reuse a towel.

I spray some CarPro ECH2O on the paint and then dry with some mf towels.

This gets me through the winter and through the summer when I don't have time to break out the buckets.

Tip: if there is a coin op car wash near you or on the way home from work, blast your car to knock off the heavy stuff first.

(Sent via my mobile device...)

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Yes and no. The state is still sticking to the water regulations because one season of rain does not make up for all those years in a drought. California officials don't want to be in the same position we were in previous years.
    Yeah, that's the way it's been here for years, just not to the major extreme. Last year we we're up 18" of rain inches now we're down 12" since September 2016.
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

could be polishing product was heavy on the fillers and now got washed away

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    Unless you are 100% sure that the swirls marks were not there before, they usually are the result of improper washing.

I would consider doing rinseless only after saturating the car with the waterless wash to put down a layer of lubrication.

I soak 1100 GSM towels in the solution and fold them in quarters. I wring out a little bit, but the towels still drip.

One quarter of the towel gets one good wipe. Then I use the next quarter for the separate wipe. So on...until all 8 quarters are used. The motion I use is with little pressure and more of a dragging.

I never reuse a towel.

I spray some CarPro ECH2O on the paint and then dry with some mf towels.

This gets me through the winter and through the summer when I don't have time to break out the buckets.

Tip: if there is a coin op car wash near you or on the way home from work, blast your car to knock off the heavy stuff first.

(Sent via my mobile device...)
    I do this exactly with 1100 GSM Korean towels.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

RiKo,

Not likely. I just polished it 4 weeks ago and used M205. As I said the swirl on the hood was exactly the movement I used on that one pass.

I think rinseless really requires a pre-moisten with solution. I may have wrung out my towels a bit too much, but they were dripping.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast