autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Pricing on a onestep detail job

The backstory. This is a client of mine who I've just did a three step paint correction on his vehicle about a 4 months ago. He made the mistake of taking the vehicle into the dealership who out of courtesy washes the vehicles down for their customers.Well due to this they completely swirled up the vehicle because of them doing do. It's not as bad as it was the first I worked on the vehicle but enough where my client noticed the difference. He's asking for me to clean it up and remove the Swirls and Holograms. Due to the situation being that the car was just done little over three months ago what would be a fair price to fix this problem. All thoughts and opinions are welcome.

Sent from my LG-M210 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pricing on a onestep detail job

HD Speed Orange Buff and Shine Pad. 3-4 hours max. $200.00
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Also love HD speed. exterior only ill charge about 150 for a 4 door car. wash, clay, hd speed with orange pad. maybe hd cut if needed on spots.
    now i see i might have to step up my price . good post

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Agree. Even though you just did the vehicle, you have to do a fair amount of work. Since it seems your customer realizes the value of your work, i think this is fair. If you want to add a little extra, maybe to a quick cosmetic detail on the engine for free. Probably take only 15 minutes or so.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miniSguy View Post
    Agree. Even though you just did the vehicle, you have to do a fair amount of work. Since it seems your customer realizes the value of your work, i think this is fair. If you want to add a little extra, maybe to a quick cosmetic detail on the engine for free. Probably take only 15 minutes or so.
    Good I idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Do you vacuum the interior or is that strictly exterior job?
    I've heard you say that you don't clay the vehicle unless the customer requests it, even before polishing. So if the customer wants their vehicle clayed before the 1 step, it'll be more than $200?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RPDAZ View Post
    The backstory. This is a client of mine who I've just did a three step paint correction on his vehicle about a 4 months ago. He made the mistake of taking the vehicle into the dealership who out of courtesy washes the vehicles down for their customers.Well due to this they completely swirled up the vehicle because of them doing do. It's not as bad as it was the first I worked on the vehicle but enough where my client noticed the difference. He's asking for me to clean it up and remove the Swirls and Holograms. Due to the situation being that the car was just done little over three months ago what would be a fair price to fix this problem. All thoughts and opinions are welcome.

I would honestly price it as you normally would for it's condition and then perhaps make a slight concession due to a repeat customer. That's your call.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

If I paid for a new roof, then a tornado came through and ripped shingles off to the point the roof needed replacement again, do you think the roofer would give me a break on the price? Probably not.
    If yes, then not much, I'd think. As a customer, I wouldn't expect one.
    Just because you are self employed, don't assume you operate differently than companies regarding financial charges just because you can.
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you client needs to go in and hash it out with the dealer and try and get them to pay to fix the damage they caused. As others have said I wouldn't really discount the work much if at all, as this isn't something you caused. You should be able to judge how quickly you can complete this job, and like others mentioned maybe just throw in something simple to complete for free.

Post Thanks / Like

All of my work is based on an hourly rate. I like that because it keeps it simple. If i just spent maybe 8-10 hours on a customer's vehicle a few weeks ago, he paid that. If that customer then got hacked by a dealer and comes back to restore what he had it shouldn't take as long and thus he'll pay less. But he's paying me my hourly rate...both times.

Now as far as going back to the dealer and getting some compensation for the damage they did? Good luck but get it in cash or check. I wouldn't trust them to fix it anywhwere close to what he had after I did it 3 weeks ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast