autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone here using a leaf blower for drying?

Yes, have a 150 mph and 210 mph toro blowers with 12 Gage cord. Works well and makes the job quicker. You can also use some shop vacs by removing the hose and putting it into the blow port
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ski2 View Post
    Haven't you seen the Turbo Dryer sold here on AG?

McKee's 37 Turbo Car Dryer

That's crazy expensive...wow. Plus it looks cumbersome that it has to be attached to me plus a hose...etc. After reading the reviews it looks like you'd have to take the ziptie/clamp off each time one wants to change the tip. That would get annoying to me after the third time doing it.

I have the master vac/blower that I used many times to dry the car and found that just to be as cumbersome because I have to worry about the cord, blower that is strapped on my shoulder, and hose. Plus that's expensive as well, and gets physically hot. I feel like the cheap leaf blower does a better job, much easier to handle, especially on the top of my truck which I have to get on the step bar to reach the roof and not have to worry about hitting the paint or the vehicle using the device that is drying it.

I like that manufactures make certain products but I think the cost/niche market kills a lot of the fun to me on devices such as this.

-Nigel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NewShockerGuy View Post
    That's crazy expensive...wow. Plus it looks cumbersome that it has to be attached to me plus a hose...etc. After reading the reviews it looks like you'd have to take the ziptie/clamp off each time one wants to change the tip. That would get annoying to me after the third time doing it.

I have the master vac/blower that I used many times to dry the car and found that just to be as cumbersome because I have to worry about the cord, blower that is strapped on my shoulder, and hose. Plus that's expensive as well, and gets physically hot. I feel like the cheap leaf blower does a better job, much easier to handle, especially on the top of my truck which I have to get on the step bar to reach the roof and not have to worry about hitting the paint or the vehicle using the device that is drying it.

I like that manufactures make certain products but I think the cost/niche market kills a lot of the fun to me on devices such as this.

-Nigel
    I agree it's a little over priced. I have an inexpensive Craftsmen blower that I adapted with a vacuum hose about a year before this model became available. Probably cost me about $70 total. I find the hose much safer to use than the standard hard plastic tube that comes on most leaf blowers.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

metrovac. Do it once, do it right. Get a 30' hose, hang the unit on the wall and you don't have to carry anything around but a hose.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2quikta View Post
    metrovac. Do it once, do it right. Get a 30' hose, hang the unit on the wall and you don't have to carry anything around but a hose.
    Do you have the hose hanging from the ceiling, or does it drag around the garage? Any pics?

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Milwaukee M18 Compact Blower to assist in drying especially in cracks and from behind trim and badges. I already have the Milwaukee
    line of cordless tools so this was a no-brainer. It is lightweight and does a good job. It does require a 5.0 battery to last any length of time though.
    2008 Toyota Tacoma 410,000 miles and still going strong.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Do you have the hose hanging from the ceiling, or does it drag around the garage? Any pics?
    Just drags. But it's nice being able to get all around the car. When it's not in use it hangs on the wall under the unit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2quikta View Post
    Just drags. But it's nice being able to get all around the car. When it's not in use it hangs on the wall under the unit.
    Does Metro sell the ceiling support hooks as an accessory, or does someone have to Macgyver their own setup if they want it that way? Reason I ask is because I've seen someone post pics or a vid of their garage setup with the hose hanging..

Post Thanks / Like

Metro sidekick.Makes drying quicker in tight areas and those pesky mirrors or trim pieces that drip for hrs.

Post Thanks / Like

Also great for interiors and smoothing out spray on dressings.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast