autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AIO sealant/wax for periodic cleaning of paint/ add a coat of wax

I think it's common for liquids to separate. Even half and half coffee creamer separates. It's different molecular weight that eventually separate. I think if it's chunking up or super watery compared to what it once was, that would show failure within the compound

Post Thanks / Like

For cleaning and sealing in one step I like Duragloss 501. Great cleaning ability and the sealant always gave me @ 6 months. Not much correction ability, just cleaning and sealing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post
    I'd want to try 360 and Griots Finishing Sealant.
    I used 360 this weekend for the first time on my own ride. I am a past user and promoter of DG 501, but I can honestly say my car has never looked better. I plan to top it with WGDGPS within a month, and then may try Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish to to get me to fall.

That being said, based on a sample of GG BOSS correcting cream that was sent to me with another order, the BOSS line seems really top shelf! I would like to try BOSS Finishing Sealant - but I already have too many good AIO's!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am a fan of hd speed, but I tried the boss finishing sealant and it seems to leave a wetter look and slicker finish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

how long can I exprect Menzerna One-Step Polish 3IN1 to last

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Poli-Seal will separate. I imagine it's not to uncommon for an AIO to do that, just like it is not uncommon for a lot of other liquid wax, polishes, or compounds to separate after sitting.

Idk, I couldn't be much more pleased with Poli-Seal. It applies and works like a nice polish and wipes off like a nice wax. And as a bonus you get decent protection. This is what I want from an AIO. Not a polish that I feel I have to top to get any longevity out of it.

To me Speed just sounds like a nice polish that just happens to leave a little protection behind. Something I'd use for a used car lot.

I just find it silly that most times you see Speed recommend that they suggest to top it. Why not just tell them to use your favorite polish and then a good dedicated LSP.
    Sorry, I feel I was a bit rude here.

I do understand the the desire top an AIO, and have done so myself. More so for my personal vehicles and more frequent customers. I'll usually wait a month or so if I do for peace of mind(just in case) and for hopes of easier maintenance.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Poli-Seal will separate. I imagine it's not to uncommon for an AIO to do that, just like it is not uncommon for a lot of other liquid wax, polishes, or compounds to separate after sitting.

Idk, I couldn't be much more pleased with Poli-Seal. It applies and works like a nice polish and wipes off like a nice wax. And as a bonus you get decent protection. This is what I want from an AIO. Not a polish that I feel I have to top to get any longevity out of it.

To me Speed just sounds like a nice polish that just happens to leave a little protection behind. Something I'd use for a used car lot.

I just find it silly that most times you see Speed recommend that they suggest to top it. Why not just tell them to use your favorite polish and then a good dedicated LSP.
    Why do people coat their cars and then top the coating

The reason I top Speed with Poxy is because it adds months and months of longevity for about 30 minutes of additional labor, to me that's a major benefit for a small time investment. I build it into my package price and all my customers shave been delighted with the results. It also adds more depth of shine.

I did a friends Silver Maxima a few years ago with that optimum stuff and it was dead after a few weeks. Wish I still had the pictures but they are lost in cyberspace. He's a close friend so I saw the car often and couldn't believe it. Based upon my experince with that stuff Speed has far superior correction with an orange pad too.

As for the separation, their are definitely products that separate but the optimum was toast. No matter how much I shook it it was done, it was all watery.

It's all good, like Mike says, use what you like and use it often
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Something to keep in mind, HD Speed set the bar a few years ago when it came out. Like in any competitive environment, the competition has to chase that bar and try to equal it or suprass it. For us users of these products, or phones or cars etc. we are the winners when it comes to competition between manufacturers.

My 2015 Nissan Rogue has forward and rear looking 360 degree cameras, vertical view, side view etc my. buddies 2014 $60,000 Audi doesn't LOL. I love competiton!!!
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I feel I was a bit rude here.

I do understand the the desire top an AIO, and have done so myself. More so for my personal vehicles and more frequent customers. I'll usually wait a month or so if I do for peace of mind(just in case) and for hopes of easier maintenance.
    Have you used HD Speed?
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Have you used HD Speed?
    No, I have not tried Speed.

I've thought about trying a couple of times because of all the fanfare around it, but I keep hearing the topping recommendation and that has kinda pushed me away. That and I'm pretty happy with what I've got for now, but the grass is always greener...and I do like what I've tried from 3D.

I wonder if Poli-Seal was updated since you tried it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast