autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Gyeon Tire

Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon Tire

Hi everyone, hopefully some of those who have used said product can help me out. So 8 days ago I cleaned the tires very well, and applied the product following the instructions. I was impressed with the looks, this last week didn't put many miles on it, here is a pic from 30 minutes ago.

The pic really doesn't do it much justice, it still very black and has some gloss, plus did see a little rain on Thursday. Overall I am pleased with the product in my opinion its doing what it says. So far has held up better than most tire dressings I have tried, depending on conditions. My problem is I like a very wet look on my tires. Like this from a couple months ago.

I know the Gyeon Tire will not look like day one, so let me ask some questions.

Can I touch it up from time to time to keep it looking good, or is that not recommended? Is it best to just let it take its course scrub it off, and reapply? As I am writing this I keep thinking maybe this type of product isn't for me, and should just stick what I've been doing. I do have a product I really like Megs D160 All Season dressing, my go to dressing. I have others as well, Megs Hyper, DP Tire Gel, Pinnacle Black Onyx Gel, a couple others I can't think of.

I know find something you like, and use it often. And I do, but like trying new things.

Thank you for your time!

Dave.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon Tire

From personal experience using this product, it is not going to give that high shine. For me it starts to loose a lot of it's "pizazz" within a few days. By the 4-6 week mark it needs to be reapplied.

Try touching up or lightly cleaning the tires and reapply.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon Tire

Thanks Guz, I will try the touch up, just want somewhat of a bond, and no sling. As far as a light cleaning I have some McKee's N-914 mixed into a WW, I'll give it a try.