autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: coating for black cars

I tend to use cquartz uk for dark cars, and glosscoat with lighter, only reason is because of the different application processes. It's easier to do cquartz uk on a darker car and glosscoat o's more forgiving on a colour you can't see high spots as easily.

Post Thanks / Like

Polish Angel Viking coat search my black Audi post. Autopia sells it. Great product and easy to use.10 months and counting still holding strong

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I was pretty happy with how my wife's pearl white highlander turned out. It was new and i polish with optimum hyper polish and then went over everything with optimum coating prep spray. It was polished pretty much to perfection. I spent a lot of time on the prep and I believe I did as good as a job as possible. Also Clayed the car before I polished. It turned out great and I am happy with it. It's been probably over 15 months and it is still holding up really well. The car sits outside 24-7 so that's why I decided to coat with gloss coat. My car however is a black 2016 Camaro ss and I'm rather picky on how it looks. The paint is pretty damn close to perfect, but I would do a full polish and prep before. I know how important the polish and prep is. I can tell the difference between pretty much all the lsps I have used over the years and I just

Post Thanks / Like

I just want to be sure I would like the look. I usually prefer the deep, dark, wet carnuba look on black. A am using HD Speed and poxy now and really like the look, but the added protection of a coating has my interest. Thanks for all the response!

Post Thanks / Like

I have two identical colored graphite gray metallic 2015's Sprinters one with Gloss coat the other (Garage Queen)is wearing Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant. The sealant is deeper looking for sure and the coated paint seems to lack the deepness but cleans very easy and is going on 1 year parked outdoors and still behaves like I applied it yesterday. We notice the difference that others don't longevity or deepness ? pick your poison!

Post Thanks / Like

About a month ago I did my brothers Escalade which isn't black but a dark grey with CSL&EXO and thought it did a good job on his dark color.

And did my room mates KIA right after with same combo. Hard to tell how black it really looks because of the reflection of my garage walls which are gloss white with texture.

Post Thanks / Like

Really enjoy Gyeon coatings on Black I've also used opti gloss coat, the opti coat seems to add gloss for sure But Gyeon Prime added a candy like effect that's deep makes my car pop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12