autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Purchasing microfiber towels

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post
    Imo 9/10 its not the towel that scratches, it's something caught in the towel. The best, fluffiest, most expensive towel will mar as soon as a spec of something gets caught in it. This is why I prefer multiple decent quality towels over a single expensive one. I'll grab fresh towels frequently no matter what task I'm doing.
    I agree 100%. However, I buy great Korean towels wholesale at the same price that you guys are buying Chinese towels retail. I also do group buys with other forum members on the Camaro forum for really big savings.

It's like you guys are paying Snap-On Tool prices for Harbor Freight tools!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't get me wrong- I use the Chinese towels for undercarriages, door jambs, when I need to throw a towel away, etc. I just don't use them on paint.

I won't apologize for buying and using the best tools that I can afford.

Post Thanks / Like

No need to apologize my man. I think it's fantastic that you've been able to justify using the best korean microfiber money can buy for your business. Like the other poster mentioned, for me I feel it's more important to have a ton great quality towels rather than a few towels that are exceptional because I know korean towels are not necessary to produce the best results I possibly can. I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion we're paying "snap-on prices for harbor freight quality." Like I mentioned, I buy towels wholesale bi-annually and for general purpose microfiber I pay about .75 cents or less per towel and even my most expensive 420gsm edgeless towels I just looked at my receipt and I only paid $1.30 per towel. To say we are paying about as much as you are paying for your $4 korean towels would a be a gross exaggeration. We all value different things, I do not fault you for spending your money on fantastic towels.

Post Thanks / Like

Purchasing microfiber towels

Meh...

I use Kirklands for dirty jobs, and by dirty jobs I don't mean engine bay or even door jamb duty.. I mean dirty jobs like rinseless/waterless wash, where they'll actually be alot of dirt getting on the towel.

I use Meguiars Ultimate Wipes for polish/compound/lsp removal, basically the jobs that don't result in my good towels getting caked in dirt & grime.

Sure, the more expensive towel is more stout, [which is why they're perfect for removing polish] but neither of them scratch clearcoat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12