autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Experience With Ceramic Coatings

What's up guys! I'm hoping to get some imput from y'all on different ceramic coating options. I own a detailing business in Louisiana. We do a ton of Cquartz right now. All we offer is Opti-gloss and Cquartz at the moment. I have been thinking about becoming an installer for ceramic pro because I have a ton of people asking about coatings with scratch resistance. I don't know that my market can support the increase in price though going from Cquartz to ceramic pro. I have been looking around to see if there are any other coatings with good scratch resistance that wouldn't require me to be exclusive to a brand and that would allow me to keep the same price point. Does anyone have any recommendations? I've tried to find some info on Micro Detailer coatings and there isn't a whole lot of reviews. That's the only thing I've seen that advertises 9h hardness and says they have testing to prove it. I'm just not to sure about the brand though.
    Right now we offer Cquartz in two or 3 coats. Our 3 coat package is selling at $950 for a truck/suv and $825 for a car. Any imput on this would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Experience With Ceramic Coatings

Quote Originally Posted by Onthegeauxauto View Post
    Right now we offer Cquartz in two or 3 coats. Our 3 coat package is selling at $950 for a truck/suv and $825 for a car. Any imput on this would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!!!
    Does that include polishing or is that price on top of the detail?
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

That includes wash, clay, and 4 hours of paint correction. If it needs more than 4 hours we charge $75 per additional hour.

Post Thanks / Like

I just applied CP to my hood. Just did a single coat. Testing its longevity and properties against 22PLE HPC currently. I have heard both good, and bad about CP. So no better way than to test it for one's self!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    Does that include polishing or is that price on top of the detail?
    I would go bonkers applying coat after coat after coat.To me 75.00 isn't worth the insanity. I think if you switch from cp to a promising marr resistant coating you will be fixing alot of panels for free.If your doing coating alot of coating jobs stick with what works and charge a little bit more.When you tell a customer or sell a product that supposed to be marr free or scratch resistant you are bringing the heat on to yourself.keep it simple and just make your customers happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Try the boyds coating pretty good durable stuff that can handle automatic carwashes and the crap deosnt come off.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good point about advertising a scratch resistant coating. Never thought of it like that. To clairify though, we offer Cquartz in 2 or 3 coats. I haven't installed ceramic pro before. The Cquartz is working really well for us though. On average we are doing three to four vehicles with Cquartz and one to two vehicles in opti-gloss each week. Prices range from $825-$1150 for three coats of Cquartz and $600-$800 for two coats of opti-gloss. That also includes 4 hours of paint correction and coating the wheels and glass.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used Gtechniq C1 and Modesta+ BC-05. Modesta is by far the best coating, if you can swallow the price of it. I would look at Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light, or if you want to get accredited with Gtechniq you can apply regular Crystal Serum, which has a 7 year guarantee.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AeroCleanse View Post
    I have used Gtechniq C1 and Modesta+ BC-05. Modesta is by far the best coating, if you can swallow the price of it. I would look at Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light, or if you want to get accredited with Gtechniq you can apply regular Crystal Serum, which has a 7 year guarantee.
    How much is the Modesta? How easy are they to work with compared to Cquartz?

I appreciate all the input!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Onthegeauxauto View Post
    How much is the Modesta? How easy are they to work with compared to Cquartz?

I appreciate all the input!
    I think they are about $200 for the coating and its very hard to apply.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast