autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 114 replacement

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 114 replacement

The only thing I use D114 for is claying vehicles that will be going through a full correction and coating treatment. I really like the idea of the product rinsing free and leaving nothing behind on the surface. Is N914 similar to D114 in lubricity and cleaning power when used as a clay lube?
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post
    The only thing I use D114 for is claying vehicles that will be going through a full correction and coating treatment. I really like the idea of the product rinsing free and leaving nothing behind on the surface. Is N914 similar to D114 in lubricity and cleaning power when used as a clay lube?
    IME, yes. I was using it today at 1:128 to clean some door jambs that were filthy - the dirt was literally running off. I was very impressed. I just finished using a 16oz bottle of it and will be getting a gallon soon. I have been using that as a clay lube to compare to D114 and it works just as well.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never used a rinseless or waterless wash yet but want to try them I usually only have dusty and the normal bird droppings is the N914 good for that ? Also what's the easiest process for using it ? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jones2507 View Post
    I've never used a rinseless or waterless wash yet but want to try them I usually only have dusty and the normal bird droppings is the N914 good for that ? Also what's the easiest process for using it ? Thanks
    I think you're right in the sweet spot for using it. Many different processes for using it. Read up on Waterless Wash. I'm sure Mike has an Autogeek video on the process (sorry - too lazy to check for link). I use a modified Garry Dean method, which is a lot of MF towels. Other people use a grit guard with one or two buckets. I've decide I don't ever want to use wash water with any dirt in it, hence using Garry Dean method. (I have a sponge as well for very dirty areas - different topic.)

If I can I will hose off my car first. Not necessary, but I like to get as much dirt off touchless as I can. I may spray it with Waterless wash as well using a 1.5L pump sprayer. Can't always do this. I like to hose, soap it, and hose again. Sometimes just hose, sometimes just soap. Then take my MFs to it. You can use a mitt or a sponge if you don't want to go through many MF towels.

Generally clean a panel and wipe it dry. When I go too far without drying I generally get some streaking and have to take Waterless wash to it again to remove streaks.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RippyD View Post
    Pros may notice a difference. For those of us maintaining several cars, I find N-914 to be very close replacement for D114. I don't miss 114 at all. If you liked D114, I have a hard believing you won't also like N-914.

For the person who wrote that D114 had more cleaning power, maybe increase the concentration of N-914 a little? It does seem less soapy/foamy than D114, but it doesn't clean any less well at similar concentration. I tend to use it at 128:1 vs. 1:256 for rinseless, so that could be why I don't notice any difference.
    thats what I would do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12