autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Coating Prep

Hello,

I'm deciding between the wolfgang coating or griots garage poly wax on my truck. The paint is in awesome shape and there are a couple of very light swirl marks that can be seen only if you look at it in perfect light. For the polishing step I would like to know if there is a difference between Wolfgang finishing glaze and griots perfecting cream. Both say they are for light defect removal.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang Coating Prep

Both are good and should do the job you are looking for...

I'd have a slight bias toward recommending the Boss Perfecting Cream, as I used it more than WG Finishing Glaze. Perfecting cream checks all the boxes for a light polish... long working time, no dusting, safe on trim, very pleasant smell, reasonable cost... nothing not to like with it.

WG Finishing Glaze is also good, but I would save some money and go with the Perfecting Cream!
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post

I'd have a slight bias toward recommending the Boss Perfecting Cream, as I used it more than WG Finishing Glaze. Perfecting cream checks all the boxes for a light polish... long working time, no dusting, safe on trim, very pleasant smell, reasonable cost... nothing not to like with it.

WG Finishing Glaze is also good, but I would save some money and go with the Perfecting Cream!
    thank you for the reply. Would I be harming my paint if I used the correcting cream with the softer pad? this may give me more options if I want to do other cars that aren't in as good shape as mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waterman View Post
    thank you for the reply. Would I be harming my paint if I used the correcting cream with the softer pad? this may give me more options if I want to do other cars that aren't in as good shape as mine.
    One of the great things about the Boss Cream's is you can mix and match the aggressiveness of the pad you use with the various creams depending on your needs.

You will not harm your paint by using the Correcting Cream. On soft, hard, or any paint really it's trial and finding the best combination that works. Doing a test spot is the only way to know for sure.

I'd probably go with the less aggressive polish and a slightly more aggressive pad if necessary to start instead of the other way around. A finishing polish will give you the best clarity in the end.
    ​Al Schmidt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post

It's safe on trim? I didn't know that... I really love the way it smells, but every time I try to use it I wind up switching to M205 because it always outperforms it in gloss factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    It's safe on trim? I didn't know that... I really love the way it smells, but every time I try to use it I wind up switching to M205 because it always outperforms it in gloss factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Safe on trim as in it doesn't stain it and wipes off easily Wolfgang Coating PrepWolfgang Coating Prep
    ​Al Schmidt

Post Thanks / Like

Tried Wolfgang coating for the first time last weekend and all I can say is wow! Here is the rundown on prep work.

IronX
    Wash with WG Autobath
    Clay with Pinnacle clay using Uber rinseless as lube.
    Polish with Griots perfecting cream, yellow pad with G15
    Cleaned with WG paint prep, twice to make sure.
    Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating.

Loved the perfecting cream, long work time. Got rid of probably 80% of the defects, since it is a DD did not want to get any more aggressive, at least not yet.
    The one big mistake was using way to much of the coating. Wiped off OK no high spots, just a waste of product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
    Tried Wolfgang coating for the first time last weekend and all I can say is wow! Here is the rundown on prep work.

IronX
    Wash with WG Autobath
    Clay with Pinnacle clay using Uber rinseless as lube.
    Polish with Griots perfecting cream, yellow pad with G15
    Cleaned with WG paint prep, twice to make sure.
    Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating.

Loved the perfecting cream, long work time. Got rid of probably 80% of the defects, since it is a DD did not want to get any more aggressive, at least not yet.
    The one big mistake was using way to much of the coating. Wiped off OK no high spots, just a waste of product.
    Thanks for the input. I have everything as you, I am ordering the perfecting cream now. I'm still trying to decide if I'm going with sealant or coating.

lou