autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will be working on a brand new 2017 GT350 in the early spring, light paint correction needed, what would you EXPERTS use?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Looking for input on pad choice, I'm a bit confused after reading the LC descriptions, probably over thinking it. I was thinking pink for correction and white to finish?
    Roger what do you normally use? I try and stick with what I know to get expected results.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will be working on a brand new 2017 GT350 in the early spring, light paint correction needed, what would you EXPERTS use?

It's normally orange is correction, white is polishing, and then black or blue for finishing/applying wax. But I think it depends on what type of LC pads you use? Realistically just use what you normally use, Monica is quite right.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I used M101 on my own car before due to how it finishes LSP ready and IIRC I used my orange GG pad but this is someone else's car and is said to have soft paint. I didn't even follow the golden rule of least aggressive first on my own car but I guessed right that time, I had a feeling and I was right.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be LC CCS pads in orange, pink and white for this car and starting with Optimum Hyper Polish for correction and then watering it down a bit for final polishing. Speaking of that, when using M205 what ratio of distilled water/M205 is the best way to go.

I appreciate the info in this thread so far and I'm sure Ted does too 👍

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of that, when using M205 what ratio of distilled water/M205 is the best way to go.
    Perhaps I have been doing it wrong, but I don't mix M205 with anything when I use it. I may mist the pad a bit during use but that is it. I will say if I AM doing it wrong it doesn't matter- the results have been there
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure it's going to be LC CCS pads in orange, pink and white for this car and starting with Optimum Hyper Polish for correction and then watering it down a bit for final polishing. Speaking of that, when using M205 what ratio of distilled water/M205 is the best way to go.
    i've used orange CCS pads in the past with very good results Roger

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    i've used orange CCS pads in the past with very good results Roger
    Thanks Monica, I appreciate that coming from you because I know you were on a roll for a while doing peoples cars and I have no experience with these pads from LC but I do have my trusty blue Cyan and Tangerine pad from them that I really like, a lot. I like the idea of the dimples keeping heat down, although I plan on using speed setting #4 for this car, don't see the need to go any higher.

Ted ordered the orange, pink and white CCS pads, all the products are coming together, now we need Mother Nature to step up and help us out. I'm looking forward to this project because its such a special car and the results with that color should be very rewarding!

Post Thanks / Like

Thx Roger.... I know you will do a great job with this car. Don't overthink it

Post Thanks / Like

Thank You EVERYONE for your input. This car is very special to me for more than the obvious reasons. It is only new once and I know it is in good hands.

Post Thanks / Like

Tomorrow is correction day 🐴

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Roger. I have done my fair share of Mustangs and most had "medium" paint hardness IME. I just coated a GT500 two weeks ago with an orange hybrid pad and Hyper Polish.It removed 90-95% of the defects and I polish with Essence on a CP Gloss Pad prior to coating with CQ. Came out looking very deep and wet. You'll be fine and do like Monica suggests and don't overthink it. Can't wait to see some pics. Good Luck.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast