autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will be working on a brand new 2017 GT350 in the early spring, light paint correction needed, what would you EXPERTS use?

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    With Essence, it really depends on what you're doing with it. On a red Lexus with super soft paint, I use an orange pad to "correct" and then a black pad to finish it off. I say "correct" because it's a filler with abrasives and it does the job very very well. Just remember to let Essence cure for 24 hours after you use it before you coat. Give it a Eraser/IPA wipe down before you coat and make sure to let the Eraser/IPA degas for about 15 to 20 minutes.
    What ratio of distilled water/rubbing alcohol is recommended? Also you said to finish with a black pad, I get that and just to make sure, same product to finish that we corrected, just change the pads?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will be working on a brand new 2017 GT350 in the early spring, light paint correction needed, what would you EXPERTS use?

I'm thinking that they (FoMoCo) must've changed the paint for Ruby Red because Ted's GT350 is much deeper than the stunning pictures shown in the first page here, hmmmm.......

I mean I know there's lighting and then there's lighting but I've seen this car outside and its much deeper than those pics, thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Good info so far everyone����

I know the next thing will probably net a lot of different answers but is there a pad that seems to work best with essence?

I'm not ruling out HD Speed but CarPro has some amazing products out right now i.e. Ech2o for instance. So you HD people, what pad works best for this product?

If you are going to coat stick with essence. If you are not then go with speed as it has poxy in it.

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    With Essence, it really depends on what you're doing with it. On a red Lexus with super soft paint, I use an orange pad to "correct" and then a black pad to finish it off. I say "correct" because it's a filler with abrasives and it does the job very very well. Just remember to let Essence cure for 24 hours after you use it before you coat. Give it a Eraser/IPA wipe down before you coat and make sure to let the Eraser/IPA degas for about 15 to 20 minutes.
    I would agree with all of this. Better than safe than sorry and wipe it down with a paint prep prior to coating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    What ratio of distilled water/rubbing alcohol is recommended? Also you said to finish with a black pad, I get that and just to make sure, same product to finish that we corrected, just change the pads?

If you get a chance pick up some optimum paint prep to use with gloss coat. If not I believe 15% IPA is ok to use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    When you are done show pics!!! As you can see by my avatar I am a little biased to Ford's!!....LOL
    Thats the plan, pics from start to finish.

Post Thanks / Like

Can we get some video of that flat plane crank at 6k RPM's???

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

There will be a separate thread made when this process starts so don't worry about that 🏁

As far as 25th product goes it looks like Essence is going to be the pic due to the fact that it has no protection in it, whereas Speed does, so no need for that. We want nothing left behind but pure correction. We plan on using DP paint coating prep after all the polishing is done.

So I was thinking about using the N914 at the 8:1 ratio to clean the paint prior to coating, I really believe in this product and wanna use it here in this capacity.

Post Thanks / Like

That ruby red paint is SUPER soft. I detailed a 2016 GT350 in same color. It was crazy how soft it was actually.

Let me know if you need help since i'm local to you.
    CURRENT: Happily Retired
    PAST: Owner at Clean N' Shiny, Chicago Auto Pros

Post Thanks / Like

I have a '16 GT in Ruby Red.

As a side note the paint is 3 parts, base coat, tinted clear, and clear coat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisCoupe View Post
    That ruby red paint is SUPER soft. I detailed a 2016 GT350 in same color. It was crazy how soft it was actually.

Let me know if you need help since i'm local to you.
    What did you end up using on it for correction?

Post Thanks / Like

If the paint is that soft I would stay away from IPA/water, there is no lubrication involved. Paint prep sprays are made to contain lubrication of some kind so you don't marr your perfectly polished paint right before you coat. I would definitely suggest Optimum paint prep as well, I just use Eraser since I stick with CarPro for coatings and because when I use non-coating LSP, I also use Eraser before application.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast