autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Will be working on a brand new 2017 GT350 in the early spring, light paint co...

Never used it before, but I have read a lot of people love Sonax Perfect Finish

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    It's more than a car...Keep it clean

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will be working on a brand new 2017 GT350 in the early spring, light paint correction needed, what would you EXPERTS use?

http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will be working on a brand new 2017 GT350 in the early spring, light paint correction needed, what would you EXPERTS use?

If you don't go with HD, go with Essence.
    I haven't tried it yet but was planning on giving it a shot.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    If you want to do a one step, or AIO, I love HD Speed. It should work great on fine swirls/scratches.
    Since the car is going to be coated then HD Speed would not be the right product to use. Leaves protection behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    So I checked out my buddy's brand new 2017 Ruby Red GT350 this past weekend, outside in the cold sun as well as inside the garage with LED lights. Outside you could see very fine marks, maybe from washing. I did manage to spot a long mark on the drivers side rocker panel, as well as a nice mark on the drivers side front fender. The rear wing is black and I believe its black gell coat and its hammered, along with the gloss panel between the tail lights. Now for the later I was thinking Meg's UC by hand to start but what would you EXPERTS use on the paint to get out very fine marks that look like hair almost. Here's what I have in my collection but I'm really looking for a nice, 1 step more than likely:

-M101
    -Meg's UC
    -Griot's machine polish #2 and #3

-blue Cyan pad
    -GG orange pad
    -LC orange pad (dimpled)
    -LS pink pad (dimpled)

Machine is my trusty GG6

I should also mention this car will be clayed and chemically decon'd before I polish the paint. Afterwards its going to have Opti-Coat Gloss Coat applied to it. This is going to be a track car as well as a car to take to cruise nights and cars and coffee, so he wants it well protected right from the start. I'm open to listening to anything you guys have to say, I wanna nail the finish on the car to make it look its very best!

Thank you in advance everyone
    I would not bother by hand. Too much work and takes too long. Go with a machine.

Test spot it with a polish and go from there. Don't forget to wipedown the paint with something like optimum paint prep prior to applying gloss coat. If you have opti-seal, add a coat of that 1 hour after the last coat of gloss coat. It will protect gloss coat during the 7 day curing time. Gloss Coat will shed opti-seal within a week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post
    Wow...does all that? Does it spread itself too thin in other areas since it does so many things Will be working on a brand new 2017 GT350 in the early spring, light paint correction needed, what would you EXPERTS use? Will be working on a brand new 2017 GT350 in the early spring, light paint correction needed, what would you EXPERTS use?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Use regular Essence as Essence Plus is use to repair scratches in an already applied coating. Regular Essence is a Polish (Reflect) with SiO2 fillers.

Post Thanks / Like

Good info so far everyone👍👍

I know the next thing will probably net a lot of different answers but is there a pad that seems to work best with essence?

I'm not ruling out HD Speed but CarPro has some amazing products out right now i.e. Ech2o for instance. So you HD people, what pad works best for this product?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and Thanks for the input everyone. I am the fortunate one to have an amazing car and equally amazing friend to help me get her as perfect as possible while new, only 228 miles. A blank canvas of sorts. Like any other factory car it is not perfect and the month it sat on the showroom could not have helped.

Our goal is get the factory paint as corrected as possible, protect it, cruise it, and even track it. It will not be a show car but for a weekend warrior it will look nice.

Thanks Again!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

With Essence, it really depends on what you're doing with it. On a red Lexus with super soft paint, I use an orange pad to "correct" and then a black pad to finish it off. I say "correct" because it's a filler with abrasives and it does the job very very well. Just remember to let Essence cure for 24 hours after you use it before you coat. Give it a Eraser/IPA wipe down before you coat and make sure to let the Eraser/IPA degas for about 15 to 20 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

When you are done show pics!!! As you can see by my avatar I am a little biased to Ford's!!....LOL
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast