autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Should I wax or not?

Oops. Missed one question. No I didn't Jetseal the wheels yet. Planning to do that but I really need to get them cleaned up a little better and don't have anything to do that with yet. Hopefully I can get to that today or tomorrow. Planning to do all of the glass this morning with the second coat on the paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Five kids! Wow, I thought I had my hands full. If they're old enough, they can of course be your minions . Removing the wax by hand is really quite simple, and can make for some good quality time with the kiddos.

For the wheels, just take a clay bar to them (I had Mother's on hand), after washing them, before JetSeal. Here I thought I was being so clever doing that, then come to find out that it's in Mike's wheel cleaning steps... lol. The sealant seriously makes them easier to clean next time. And they will gleam!

I will upload my pictures to my album later today. Finally!
    1994 300ZX 2+2 MT, sole owner, 239K mi
    2005 Ford Escape XLT Sport 4WD
    2014 Maserati Quattroporte GTS

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The paint correction looks great. I always follow that up by putting a wax on top of coatings I have applied. It seems to provide depth, shine and added sheen.

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Barry. I ran out of time before leaving so I will have to put wax on a little later. I want to see how much deeper the shine gets with the addition of wax.

FlyinLow, I'm going to do the wheels soon too. I'll try to get a before and after of them. I'm excited about it because I use semi-metallic pads and they dust like crazy. Anything to help keep them clean is a good thing. I think the minions can definitely be involved in the wheel clean, clay and seal.

I've been traveling for the last few days but the wife finally got some sunshine and took a picture outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Don, I'm sorry I never got around to posting those photos. In fact, I am just now getting pretty savvy with posting photos thanks to Mike's help. If you look at one of today's posts, Troublesome Trim, you'll see shots of the paint, after JetSeal topped with Meguiar's M26 carnauba. Not sure what you ever decided to do, but carnauba just adds such a lovely glow as a topper.

It just occurred to me that now I can also report back at the two+ month mark it still looks fantastic, given just a few washes and lots of rain in the meantime.

Finally, I will PM you with a great photo of a really fun window shade that I just found at Walmart last week. It's a tribute to my minions!
    1994 300ZX 2+2 MT, sole owner, 239K mi
    2005 Ford Escape XLT Sport 4WD
    2014 Maserati Quattroporte GTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.