autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Back to Black vs Forever Black

Has anyone used both products and have a preference? Usage will be a textured surface black bumper. Looking for a product that can give some long lasting "as new" restoration.

TIA

Edit: I meant to also reference the Black Again product
    Last edited by Mr. Clean; 11-21-2007 at 12:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't used either of those, but I have used DG 271 and was really impressed, it's been months and my old faded black trim still looks great.

Duragloss Rubber & Flat Black Dressing (RBD) #271
    and it's $6.99 for what will be a lifetime supply for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've used both and consider both excellent. However they are totally different products IMO. Back to Black is a trim protectant that can bring trim back to a new look if it's not too faded or neglected. Forever Black is a dye product that can restore the worst looking trim (I used it on some that I thought "no way"and it looked new afterwards). A number of coats of Back to Black is what I would try first.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
    I've used both and consider both excellent. However they are totally different products IMO. Back to Black is a trim protectant that can bring trim back to a new look if it's not too faded or neglected. Forever Black is a dye product that can restore the worst looking trim (I used it on some that I thought "no way"and it looked new afterwards). A number of coats of Back to Black is what I would try first.
    Yes, I muddied the waters of my own thread, when I inserted the Mother's product (Back to Black) in my title line. The two products which seemed the most similar were the Black Again and Forever Black, both being silicone-free based polymer products. I do understand the dye factor in Forever Black.

For additional reference, I have already tried several products on this bumper including: PB's Trim Restore, Meguiar's #40, AS's Super Shine, and probably several others that I can't recall as I type.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you try Back to Black I would be interested in how it does compared to PB Trim Restore.

Back to Black takes a little practice to get it work properly -- apply by rubbing, let sit for a while, and then wipe off. Repeat if necessary. It seems to be long lasting for me although it can run a little when wet when used on some plastics.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    Yes, I muddied the waters of my own thread, when I inserted the Mother's product (Back to Black) in my title line. The two products which seemed the most similar were the Black Again and Forever Black, both being silicone-free based polymer products. I do understand the dye factor in Forever Black.

For additional reference, I have already tried several products on this bumper including: PB's Trim Restore, Meguiar's #40, AS's Super Shine, and probably several others that I can't recall as I type.
    Then I wouldn't hesitate to get " Forever Black". I would recommend the kit with the cleaner in it to get off all the other stuff that you've tried. AG has the best price by far.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK first off I am not crazy, I just thought I would share a little something. I have a friend who works in the plastic industry, he told me to first use peanut oil on the plastic because when they mold the plastic they spray the insides of the molds with it to use it as a release agent. Then clean the oil off and use the Back to Black or the other. I have tried it, made wax and other stuff just lift right of the plastic then after I cleaned the peanut oil off the Back to Black worked much better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting observation. Not too crazy I guess as many will recommend peanut butter. Did the peanut oil wash off with just a normal dilution of car wash shampoo?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Iv'e used Back to Black on my gray bumper's on my 97 Jeep and It worked great. You do have to rub alot but It's worth It. Who makes Forever Black??

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...oss-271-a.html

Duragloss Jeep for Gary!

Test for Joe.P

Forever Black Bumper & Trim Dye 3 coats then top with DG#201
    Before and after pics....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast