autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Sparkie's pictures says it all.

"Dogs in cars again. Going away. Going away fast" - P.D. Eastman, Go, Dog. Go!

Post Thanks / Like
    The window "sweep" rubber trim on right and left door windows on my car is a little faded but nothing like the fenders on that jeep-any suggestions?
    98 Z/28

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lethalxls1 View Post
    The window "sweep" rubber trim on right and left door windows on my car is a little faded but nothing like the fenders on that jeep-any suggestions?
    Here is what I came up with for Joe.p

I done a dual test, driver side bed trim applied products let dry and buff with terry cloth. Passenger side, applied and let dry, but did not buff with terry cloth. The side I didn’t buff with terry cloth, run in the rain. The test started on 1/21/07. Using a foam pad and using as little products as possible I laid it down with over lapping strokes. The truck went threw two rains and one snow and ice, and two washers.

DuraGloss#201, this products was made for the inside of you car. But I found it will last on outside trim. Very little run in the rain. Last about 2 weeks. Rating 3 stars

303, it was neck n neck with #201 and Fk1. Now it has the highest spf. Last about 2 weeks. 3.5 stars

FK1, about the same as #201 and 303. Very little run in the rain. Last about 2 weeks.

Black Again, lasted the longest of all. Very little run in the rain. Last about 3 weeks. 4.5 stars

Back to Black, lasted a day or two longer then #201, 303 and FK1. Last about 2 weeks. Dust loves this stuff. Runs in the rain bad. 1 star

PoorBoys Trim Restorer, works great on black trim, but you can forget it on rubber IMO. Last about 2.5 weeks.4 stars

Adam's VRT, gone the first rain. 1 star

Meg#40, same as above, gone the first rain. 1 star

Stoner Trim Shine, also gone the first rain. 1 star

This was done on a 2005 F-150, with black trim. All products look about the same on trim. Back to Black had a blue tent to it. I think the key is to buff after it dries with a terry cloth. Just keep in mine that all car plastics may be different, and the products and you may have a different outcome. The winner is Black Again. Thanks for looking!

Post Thanks / Like
    i use forever black because of this and couldnt be happier.

Josh Wardell’s MINI Cooper S » The Final Trim Test: We Have a Winner!
    Detailed Reflections

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    Here is what I came up with for Joe.p

I done a dual test, driver side bed trim applied products let dry and buff with terry cloth. Passenger side, applied and let dry, but did not buff with terry cloth. The side I didn’t buff with terry cloth, run in the rain. The test started on 1/21/07. Using a foam pad and using as little products as possible I laid it down with over lapping strokes. The truck went threw two rains and one snow and ice, and two washers.

DuraGloss#201, this products was made for the inside of you car. But I found it will last on outside trim. Very little run in the rain. Last about 2 weeks. Rating 3 stars

303, it was neck n neck with #201 and Fk1. Now it has the highest spf. Last about 2 weeks. 3.5 stars

FK1, about the same as #201 and 303. Very little run in the rain. Last about 2 weeks.

Black Again, lasted the longest of all. Very little run in the rain. Last about 3 weeks. 4.5 stars

Back to Black, lasted a day or two longer then #201, 303 and FK1. Last about 2 weeks. Dust loves this stuff. Runs in the rain bad. 1 star

PoorBoys Trim Restorer, works great on black trim, but you can forget it on rubber IMO. Last about 2.5 weeks.4 stars

Adam's VRT, gone the first rain. 1 star

Meg#40, same as above, gone the first rain. 1 star

Stoner Trim Shine, also gone the first rain. 1 star

This was done on a 2005 F-150, with black trim. All products look about the same on trim. Back to Black had a blue tent to it. I think the key is to buff after it dries with a terry cloth. Just keep in mine that all car plastics may be different, and the products and you may have a different outcome. The winner is Black Again. Thanks for looking!
    Thanks for the great info!
    98 Z/28

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12