autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Carpro Reload on plastics

Been searching for the last hour or so and couldn't really find my answer. SOoooo here goes. I've heard of white/hazing issues using PERL on some plastics. I have a client who's orderd a 2017 Q7 and will be doing the new car prep on it. He wants coating like abilities without the coating cost. So I offered a cheaper option for him going with Essence topped with reload. Which has proven to be amazing for folks looking for a cheaper "ceramic" coating option. Cuts down substantially on my labor time while giving them incredible results with almost half the cost.

Typically I've just avoided intentionally putting reload on plastics. Particularly older ones that have likely had a butt load of other products as I just didn't want to deal with any compatibility issues assuming I wasn't able to get old product 100% off. However, with this being a brand new vehicle that likely will only be touched by the dealer with little prep, I'm hoping, I was curious if anyone has run into issues putting it on plastics, windows, rubber on the exterior? Hazing, turning white in a few weeks after being run through the auto paint raper, etc

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro Reload on plastics

Nope, absolutely no problems. on basically anything you mention. Reload will work over any of the Carpro Coatings, including DLX, and will work fine over Essence.

If smooth plastic trim, and other things like lenses, I see no reason why a gentle hand application of essence cannot be used on those pieces, and then follow with Reload as well.

While Reload can be used on Glass, even the Wiper Blades too, I myself wouldn't use Reload on Glass, particularly the Windshield as you might see a little hazing or smearing. Better to use Glass Specific products for those I feel.

As for textured plastics, I would clean those well with an APC a soft brush, dry, then apply Reload, or other good quality protectant of your choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Plan to stick with Reload on this one. DLUX on the wheels and essense/reload on the paint. Also plan to avoid glass, just curious since carpro says go for it.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't had any issues with Reload on any type of trim. Could also look into Hydrofoam as maintenance wash. Will keep everything on the exterior well protected after Essence and Reload.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    I haven't had any issues with Reload on any type of trim. Could also look into Hydrofoam as maintenance wash. Will keep everything on the exterior well protected after Essence and Reload.
    This is a clients car, so it'll see me briefly then likely not again until it needs correction work. Ya know how that goes.

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Never seen or had white hazing issues with PERL on plastic. Biggest thing is to ensure proper dry time and ensure its leveled in essence.

Reload goes well on plastics as well.

Another suggestion....for those not wanting to pay for the coating but want protection....might I suggest Ultima Tire & Trim Guard?

Also, tell your customer not to have the dealer prep the car.
    Carolina`s Finest Detailing - Charlotte areas preferred CQuartz Finest Reserve & GTECHNIQ Crystal Serum Ultra coating center. STEK/Suntek PPF
    www.Carolinasfinestdetailing.me

Post Thanks / Like

I've never had any issues using reload on clean plastics or glass.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=CarolinasFinestDetailing;1456308]
    Another suggestion....for those not wanting to pay for the coating but want protection....might I suggest Ultima Tire & Trim Guard?

Many of my customers are complaining that the new version of UTTG is not as good as the old. I know that they had to change the formula because of VOC compliant issues. What's your take on the old version versus the new formula?

Post Thanks / Like

Reload works great on basically any surface on your vehicle's exterior. Paint, glass, trim, wheels, chrome, headlights, you name it. Probably the only thing it wouldn't work well on is tires or fabric convertible tops. I absolutely love it on glass.
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

PERL has always worked for me. Its so simple to use, don't understand how people can have so may problems with it. Never seen it streak or turn white or hazy. You just have to let is soak in for a minute and give it a hard buff. I think people are leaving it with the wet look and not buffing it. It has been very good at providing a restored look on just about everything I've tried it on. If you want the PERL look to last longer then apply Reload on top of the PERL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast