autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HD Speed Pads

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

HD Speed Pads

Hey there

Curious to know the cut of HD Speed, Autopia's polish chart states it to be a "2" but have seen guys here correct paints that I'm certain a "2" will not do. More importantly what pads are you guys using with HD Speed?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HD Speed Pads

For max cutting,microfiber cutting pad once and done.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

All depends on the paint, and how much the customer is paying.

Production work, I use a lake country orange flat pad, has decent cut , and the foam technology plays nice with all in one's and works the polish wet.

That or a Rupes Yellow pad, or even a boss correcting pad.

Really all depends on how much I'm getting paid, the customers expected outcome. And how hard or soft the paint is.

But I'm usually around those pads

Going to be filming a video pretty soon, that's going to rock everyone's socks!

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

The Rupes Yellow is becoming a very versatile pad, nice cut and nicer gloss.

Post Thanks / Like

Joe....how does HD speed compare to McKees jeweling wax? I know HD speed cuts more but given you've used both, which would work on s well maintained car. I'm leaning toward the JP, but I'm not thrilled about carnuba.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    Joe....how does HD speed compare to McKees jeweling wax? I know HD speed cuts more but given you've used both, which would work on s well maintained car. I'm leaning toward the JP, but I'm not thrilled about carnuba.
    If your car is well maintained isn't the idea to leave the most paint possible ?

So I would use jeweling wax as it has a finer abrasive then HD speed.

That's another great use for the jeweling wax is maintaining a car , and you don't have to use a mid grade polish.

As far as protection goes I do not know how long it lasts! That is something I would have to keep my eye on.

But yes if you just want to maintain your cars it's a awesome product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zubair View Post
    The Rupes Yellow is becoming a very versatile pad, nice cut and nicer gloss.
    It's one of my favorite pads, people get fooled and thinks it's just a polishing pad.

I consider that pad a hybrid of a cutting and polishing pad.

Funny me and Dylan from rupes, was just chatting about the yellow pad at Detail Fest, we both agreed on the versatility of the pad.

One of my favorites for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zubair View Post
    Hey there

Curious to know the cut of HD Speed, Autopia's polish chart states it to be a "2" but have seen guys here correct paints that I'm certain a "2" will not do. More importantly what pads are you guys using with HD Speed?
    It's just one step down from Meg's Ulitimate POlish and Menzerma SF4000 both of which I use all day long to remove moderate swirls with no issue. I've used HD Speed without issue and would say all of the above will do great.

AIO products like speed work well with Green pads and that's what I've used it with and had great success. You could go orange pad. Never had the need myself but that's just he vehicles I've worked on really.

I keep a great assortment of pads on hand and always start gentle and work my way up if needed. Thus I'd suggest HDSpeed/green pad and go from there. If it doesn't "cut it" pun intended...then move up a pad to say orange. If that doesn't work, I'd move up in product to something like HDAdapt.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    jp

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    It's just one step down from Meg's Ulitimate POlish and Menzerma SF4000 both of which I use all day long to remove moderate swirls with no issue. I've used HD Speed without issue and would say all of the above will do great.

AIO products like speed work well with Green pads and that's what I've used it with and had great success. You could go orange pad. Never had the need myself but that's just he vehicles I've worked on really.

I keep a great assortment of pads on hand and always start gentle and work my way up if needed. Thus I'd suggest HDSpeed/green pad and go from there. If it doesn't "cut it" pun intended...then move up a pad to say orange. If that doesn't work, I'd move up in product to something like HDAdapt.
    Yeah read the BnS or LC Green pads polish and finish amazingly well, can't wait go try those out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast