autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Carpet Cleaning with DP Carpet Cleaner Question

I got my DP Carpet Cleaner and did my mats. That stuff really soaps up on the mats and it really cleaned out all the stains. I also got the PC brush. The mats looks great but I would have definitely used too much of the DP.

So if you LIGHTLY spray it on, agitate it, and then shop vac it out, is that it?

Will all the cleaner come out?

I have read it leaves no residue. But I do think my shop vac (an old 2hp Craftsman shop vac) is just too weak to really such up the cleaner well enough to do carpet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bladerunner View Post
    I got my DP Carpet Cleaner and did my mats. That stuff really soaps up on the mats and it really cleaned out all the stains. I also got the PC brush. The mats looks great but I would have definitely used too much of the DP.

So if you LIGHTLY spray it on, agitate it, and then shop vac it out, is that it?

Will all the cleaner come out?

I have read it leaves no residue. But I do think my shop vac (an old 2hp Craftsman shop vac) is just too weak to really such up the cleaner well enough to do carpet.
    Maybe it's time for a new vac.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are doing floor mats you can spray the DP on, brush it with the PC and then take the mats outside and hose them down. Next you can extract the water out with your shop vac and set them in the sun to dry.

If your working on interior carpets, use less and you can keep spraying hot water on the areas and keep extracting until all of the cleaner residue is gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bladerunner View Post

Yep, consider getting a new vac. I have a Ridgid 5HP, 4gallon Portable Pro Vac that I just love for cleaning out my vehicles.
    Detail_Guy

Post Thanks / Like
    You really only need to saturate tough stains, most mats clean up well with a couple of spritz's and a good damp towel. If overapplied, wash out as possible and sit in sun to dry. Dont leave damp mats in car as they seem to transfer that smell to interior quickly.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    DP total interior cleaner doesnt leave any residue. I havent tried DP carpet cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Maybe it's time for a new vac.
    Yes, definitely! Already have one picked out. I want the 2400 or 2600 Ridgid. They have a rating of 95 compared to most shop vacs at 55. But Home Depot doesn't sell them and can't special order them. I was waiting a couple of months to see if they start getting them. They are a little pricey but have the best suction I have found.