autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Update:Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer(Aerosol)

Quote Originally Posted by willowcat11 View Post
    And it's GLORIOUS!!!

Super easy to apply.

Do not let the price fool you. It is not as expensive as some say in reviews. A tiny bottle goes a very long way. You only use little drips at a time to cover a large area.

The darkening on Trim and Tires comes out looking very Natural and Black. For me it's Perfect looking. I don't know what others feel. Depending on what types of trim, or what types of tires you use it on, it will range from Matte to Satin in look. The more applications you use the more sheen you can get. Just to test it, I tried applying a third layer, and even one more to see if the product would get even shinier, but really the Product tops out at about 2-3 layers and that's as far as it goes. Like I said though, for me, it's Perfect in what it looks like to me. There is no Fakeness in it's look at all, just natural with a little enhancement.
    OK...talked me into it. Ordered some last night! I'm sure I'll love it!

Post Thanks / Like

WETS is a proven product. I have used it on my xterra. It has taken on brutal PA winters, and the trim still looks new in the spring.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Well im sold on trying ultimate black restorer.

Anyone have experience with both? What are your likes and dislikes of each?

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk
    On Site Auto Detailing- Detailing all of Central Michigan
    (989) 708-8559
    www.onsiteautowash.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    WETS is a proven product. I have used it on my xterra. It has taken on brutal PA winters, and the trim still looks new in the spring.
    If it works well on the black on the Xterra...then it is real testimony to the product. The Xterra was one of the toughest SUV's to keep looking new because the black bumpers and trim used to fade so fast and severe. You really had to stay on top of it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used WETS on my brothers Xterra also. The Trim went from faded to looking beautifully new, and that makes a huge difference on that SUV, because of how dang much Trim surrounds that whole vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chrt396 View Post
    If it works well on the black on the Xterra...then it is real testimony to the product. The Xterra was one of the toughest SUV's to keep looking new because the black bumpers and trim used to fade so fast and severe. You really had to stay on top of it.
    WETS:

Very easy to apply.

Just a little bit goes a very long way.

A Beautiful and Natural, Darkening or Blacking of trim and tires.

Cures to a Matte to Satin look compared to what type of Trim and Tires used on. And can add additional sheen with 1-2 more applications. Above that is overkill and no additional enhancement will be created.

Easy to remove if accidentally applied to nearby paint or other surfaces.

UB Aerosol:

Needs much prep work if you want to make sure not to get any on any other nearby surface, such as paint, headlights, and other surfaces. This would include maskin off any and all surfaces directly adjacent to trim.

Durability is insanely good, as you have read in previous posts. Because of this, I may be using this on my engine bay.

I had a problem while spraying this aerosol, in just 2 places only, where it seemed to pool up, and when it dried it left some spots. the two spots were the trim just directly above my tires. So I'm wondering if it just had to do with those two areas.

Wind can blow around a bit and get on other surfaces, Just do on a non windy day, or indoors and you shouldn't have that problem.

It dries insanely fast. And once it dries, it's not coming off, without the proper chemicals and tools.

Otherwise it had leveled off very nicely in most areas, and turned VERY faded grey, into a smooth darkening with a decent sheen to it.

My Opinion:

When combining

1.Ease of use(difficulty of application, prep work, and possible cleanups of mistakes)

2. Appearance

3. Getting the most out of Cost.

I don't feel it's even a comparison. WETS hands down is the best. I'm not saying UB aerosol is a bad product. Because it has some advantages. But comparing WETS super easy application, and the Beautifully Natural Satin finish, and how many applications you get out of one bottle of WETS. I just feel it's an easy decision for me.

For me, there was just too much effort needed to be put in with the UB aerosol. Some might feel differently, but that's what I feel about my experience with it.

Good luck in you decision making and have a great one!

Ray

Post Thanks / Like

Since trying all of those different products with zero results in trying remove the Meguiar's Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer(Aerosol).

I pretty much felt there was just no way what-so-ever to remove that dang stuff. Then Eldorado2K suggested that I use the Magic Eraser. I don't know if there is different brands, but I bought the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Pads.

Holy Cow!!! Right off the bat of rubbing down my Exterior Trim with a Magic Eraser Pad, and a few sprays of D108, and finally that Super Durable Megs UB Aerosol met it's match and fell in defeat!

All hail to The Mighty Magic Eraser, and Eldorado2K for pointing me in the right direction.

If these pads can take this UB Aerosol down, I can't wait to see what else it can bring down.

Peace!

Ray

Post Thanks / Like

Mr willowcat11,

Congratulations on solving your dilemma and kudos to Eldorado2K for the assistance.

Always good to see a satisfactory resolution.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by willowcat11 View Post
    Since trying all of those different products with zero results in trying remove the Meguiar's Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer(Aerosol).

I pretty much felt there was just no way what-so-ever to remove that dang stuff. Then Eldorado2K suggested that I use the Magic Eraser. I don't know if there is different brands, but I bought the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Pads.

Holy Cow!!! Right off the bat of rubbing down my Exterior Trim with a Magic Eraser Pad, and a few sprays of D108, and finally that Super Durable Megs UB Aerosol met it's match and fell in defeat!

All hail to The Mighty Magic Eraser, and Eldorado2K for pointing me in the right direction.

If these pads can take this UB Aerosol down, I can't wait to see what else it can bring down.

Peace!

Ray
    Welcome to the wonderful world of magic erasers! You will have fun with them lol

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk
    On Site Auto Detailing- Detailing all of Central Michigan
    (989) 708-8559
    www.onsiteautowash.com

Post Thanks / Like

Just an FYI. I discovered this just yesterday. The Magic Eraser is basically a product called Melamine foam. Do a quick search for that and you will find it so much cheaper as to be unbelievable. For example, 100 pcs for $8.79. So you could basically use it once and throw it away.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast