autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Update:Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer(Aerosol)

What is WETS?

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant, its for keeping black trim black, or faded trim black, or tires, vinyl, etc. black and protected.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

WOW. Often wondered about this stuff. Good thing is i guess is the testament about the staying power of this product!!
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

I have used Stones Tarminater and it removed the Meguiars Ultimate Black Aerosol from trim.

Spray trim, let it work for 3 min, scrub with a semi-stiff brush, then rinse. After all trim is treated wash the vehicle.
    Detailing is a way of life, not a hobby!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoTaurus View Post
    I have used Stones Tarminater and it removed the Meguiars Ultimate Black Aerosol from trim.

Spray trim, let it work for 3 min, scrub with a semi-stiff brush, then rinse. After all trim is treated wash the vehicle.

2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by willowcat11 View Post
    DaveT435,

My Exterior Trim was like you described of your friends. Very Faded light grey with white lines and streaks.

When I applied the UB Aerosol with a very light coat, all of that grey went away, and any streaks evened out and just blended in. I then applied a second coat to ensure full coverage. Any dirt, salt, anything that gets on that trim just comes right off after spraying or wiping it off.

I did not exaggerate one iota of all the things I have tried to remove this stuff. It literally looks the same as the day I applied it after all those cleanings.

I want to retract on a word I used to describe it. I think I said I didn't like because I felt it had a fake shine to it. Those are incorrect words I used. I don't think It has a "FAKE" shine to it. I am just liking the results I have been getting from WETS on my Dad's and Brother's cars, and then on my Cowl, and Front Grill of my car. The UB Aerosol just had, to me personally, just a little more than I was looking for.

The member, The Guz, on here has done some really nice reviews on this product.

It takes some Prep work so you can protect your paint, headlights, and other car surfaces from UB getting on. What I mean by that, is that I highly recommend, like The Guz does in his Review, that you tape all areas directly adjacent to the trim. I actually used 2" wide tape, and taped three rows deep, so that I had covered about 6" of paint from the trim. Any wind and this aerosol can get all over the place. If it does get on another surface you can Immediately wipe it off. I stress Immediately, because this stuff dries in record fast time. I'm talking seconds not minutes. If it gets on your paint, and you count to 15 and try to wipe it off, it gets real grabby and very difficult to remove. Once it's on, it's on. As you can see from all my cleaning.
    Sorry it's been such a problem for you, but sounds like it may be a solution for me. lol
    This guy won't care about the shine, he just wants it black shiny or dull.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TuxedoTaurus View Post

I certainly have a can of Tarminator in one of my buckets, and this is just another weapon in my arsenal.

Removal will begin tomorrow morning. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chrt396 View Post
    What is WETS?

And it's GLORIOUS!!!

Super easy to apply.

Do not let the price fool you. It is not as expensive as some say in reviews. A tiny bottle goes a very long way. You only use little drips at a time to cover a large area.

The darkening on Trim and Tires comes out looking very Natural and Black. For me it's Perfect looking. I don't know what others feel. Depending on what types of trim, or what types of tires you use it on, it will range from Matte to Satin in look. The more applications you use the more sheen you can get. Just to test it, I tried applying a third layer, and even one more to see if the product would get even shinier, but really the Product tops out at about 2-3 layers and that's as far as it goes. Like I said though, for me, it's Perfect in what it looks like to me. There is no Fakeness in it's look at all, just natural with a little enhancement.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by willowcat11 View Post
    And it's GLORIOUS!!!

When I 1st read the post preview I thought you were talking about the Tarminator.. I thought to myself, well damn that stuff was FAST!._. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL! No No. Funny Stuff though!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast