autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Does Klasse All-in-One (AIO) Remove Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze (HGSG)

Hello everyone,

I've been using the Klasse twins for a number of years now and I've always been a bit perplexed by Klasse AIO & what it actually is.

My understanding is that it's a chemical cleaner with a *very light* polishing action that leaves behind an acrylic sealant. Somehow it achieves all this in a one-step product.

That being said, does Klasse AIO remove the Klasse HGSG? I imagine it does, since it states that it removes "old wax."

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does Klasse All-in-One (AIO) Remove Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze (HGSG)

I would say it will remove SG. Will it remove all of it down to fresh paint? I'm not sure, but my vote would be no, unless the SG is almost completely worn away. It's pretty tough stuff.

I've always thought of/treated AIO like a paint cleaner or Klasse SG prep product. It might stand on it's own like a "normal" AIO, but like most AIO's I wouldn't expect it to last very long.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

...to AGO!

Since some of the renowned Klasse Sealant,
    (the "LSP component" of K-AIO), is stated to
    be left behind when applied to vehicle surfaces...

My question is:
    How in the world would you be able to discern
    when the existing Sealant-film-layer of the
    K-HGSG has been successfully removed, or not?

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I would say it will remove SG. Will it remove all of it down to fresh paint? I'm not sure, but my vote would be no, unless the SG is almost completely worn away. It's pretty tough stuff.

I've always thought of/treated AIO like a paint cleaner or Klasse SG prep product. It might stand on it's own like a "normal" AIO, but like most AIO's I wouldn't expect it to last very long.
    That's how I use it. I've also found it to do a solid job "polishing" touch up paint for my car so that it matches the original pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    ...to AGO!

Since some of the renowned Klasse Sealant,
    (the "LSP component" of K-AIO), is stated to
    be left behind when applied to vehicle surfaces...

My question is:
    How in the world would you be able to discern
    when the existing Sealant-film-layer of the
    K-HGSG has been successfully removed, or not?

Bob
    My understanding is that AIO doesn't last as long as HGSG, so my concern is spot-treating with AIO and then having that area become "unprotected" sooner than the remainder of the car that's been treated with HGSG.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hello View Post
    My understanding is that AIO doesn't last as long as HGSG, so my concern is spot-treating with AIO and then having that area become "unprotected" sooner than the remainder of the car that's been treated with HGSG.
    That's pretty simple to fix; simply go over your "spot" with some KSG, after the KAIO...just like it says on the bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using the Klasse twins for a number
    of years now and I've always been a bit perplexed
    by Klasse AIO & what it actually is.

My understanding is that it's a chemical cleaner
    with a *very light* polishing action that leaves
    behind an an acrylic sealant. Somehow it achieves
    all this in a one-step product.
    •It would seem, at least to me, that after a
    number of years of using the "Klasse Twins"...
    -any concerns regarding these products' attributes
    would be "Settled Science" by now.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to ask the manufacturer on this question hmmmm

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    That's pretty simple to fix; simply go over your "spot" with some KSG, after the KAIO...just like it says on the bottle.
    It's part what I'm trying to understand... if I can avoid the entire affair of reapplying.

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    •It would seem, at least to me, that after a
    number of years of using the "Klasse Twins"...
    -any concerns regarding these products' attributes
    would be "Settled Science" by now.

Bob
    Never had a "controlled environment" and correspondingly a regimen until recently.

Quote Originally Posted by axel06 View Post
    I would have to ask the manufacturer on this question hmmmm
    Is it Carlack who manufactures Klasse? There is a US Klasse site but not much info.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone,

I've been using the Klasse twins for a number of years now and I've always been a bit perplexed by Klasse AIO & what it actually is.

My understanding is that it's a chemical cleaner with a *very light* polishing action that leaves behind an acrylic sealant. Somehow it achieves all this in a one-step product.

That being said, does Klasse AIO remove the Klasse HGSG? I imagine it does, since it states that it removes "old wax."

Thanks in advance.
    I would say yes depending on how it's applied. Gently by hand, maybe not fully rmoved, but DA applied and worked like a polish I can just about guarantee it's long gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

It's part what I'm trying to understand... if I can avoid the entire affair of reapplying.
    Entire affair? You're rubbing a spot with AIO. After you buff that off, wipe on some SG (overlap your area some), wait a minute, MF wipe, done. Or are you referring to the "affair" of SG being a pain to remove? If you are having that problem you are applying way too much--you need to put that stuff on whisper thin. It should go on like a WOWA, should mostly flash and disappear, if you have a "high spot" knock it down with a towel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast