autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Which sealant for my situation?

My wife has a black “new to her” 2007 Yukon. The vehicle was maintained by an older couple that kept it in good shape, and actually chose a decent detailer to clean the truck up before selling it looks like. They look to have done an AIO to get the paint cleaned up, and there are no buffer trails or holograms.

That being said, it still needs attention. Life has gotten in the way, and with her last car being a lease, I wasn’t really worried with the paint condition like I normally would be. That, and I don’t spend much time at all on my Silverado as it has the standard clear coat failure. I do plan on keeping the Yukon as pristine as I can, and of course she chose black again.

The current plan is to keep it relatively clean by utilizing rinseless washes in the garage during week nights as I have time. I figure after each rinelsess wash, I will decontaminate, polish, and seal one panel at a time, as I just don’t have the time currently to devote a whole weekend to do the whole thing at once.

I have plenty of compounds/polishes, etc. But I need to get everyone’s opinion on the sealant to use. The car currently has an unknown sealant that is still beading pretty good, so I would only be applying the sealant to each panel after I polish it. Then, once the whole vehicle is done, it will get a new/solid coat of said sealant.

Of course, utilizing this, I am not looking at the ceramic type coatings.

Thanks for any and all help!

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which sealant for my situation?

Hey man,

If you're doing one panel at a time, why not choose a ceramic coating like CQuartz Classic or Optimum Gloss Coat? Both are very easy to apply and last 2 years easily with proper care. This would net you the best end result and ease of cleaning. If you're not comfortable with a coating, a spray on and wipe off sealant like CarPro Reload will benefit you then.

Who Dat!
    Carolina`s Finest Detailing - Charlotte areas preferred CQuartz Finest Reserve & GTECHNIQ Crystal Serum Ultra coating center. STEK/Suntek PPF
    www.Carolinasfinestdetailing.me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinasFinestDetailing View Post
    Hey man,

If you're doing one panel at a time, why not choose a ceramic coating like CQuartz Classic or Optimum Gloss Coat? Both are very easy to apply and last 2 years easily with proper care. This would net you the best end result and ease of cleaning. If you're not comfortable with a coating, a spray on and wipe off sealant like CarPro Reload will benefit you then.

Who Dat!
    How long could I expect the reload to last?

Post Thanks / Like

Oh geeze, take your pick. If you are going to maintain it regularly, does it really matter? Almost any sealant will last a couple of months, and if you use a rinseless like the Wolfgang once a week, I'm not even sure you need an LSP with how slippery that stuff is after (well...that IS using it on a coated car).

If you are looking for max longevity, try something like Collinite 476S or Finish Kare FK1000P (other than a coating...or you could try one of the spray coatings like the DP or PBL).

Post Thanks / Like

The Sonax Polymer Net Shield looks interesting too.

Post Thanks / Like

No bout adoubt it...
    This Sealant is perfect for your situation:
    Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax, high melt polymer car wax, Finish care auto wax

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

collinite 845

Post Thanks / Like

You'll get 100 opinions but Opti-Seal is so friggin easy and the hydrophobic properties are amazing. I'd apply it every 90 days. A small bottle will last you a lifetime.

Post Thanks / Like

You could give CarPro Essence a shot. Seems to do a decent job of scratch removal with a MF pad and should last quite a while.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk
    2009 Volvo S60 2.5T Black 2011 Mini Countryman Oxford Green Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

I too would have suggested a coating ... but if going the sealant route, then Four Star UPP. There's nothing better looking on blacks, and it lasts along time. It can also be easily boosted with more than 1/2 a dozen sprays as wanted.

Scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast