autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: GTechniq EXO and CSL Kit

I did my car1with this combo last March and it is doing fine. I also have G1 on my exterior glass with T1 on my tires and CSL/Exo on my wheels.

And yes I would do it again. I would also give a consideration to Gyeon Syncro since Skin is newer than Exo

Here is a picture of my car after I did a RW last week and a link to different stages of my 1st RW of 2018.

Wash - Dennis Zitzner

2. Likes SWETM, Hammer77, GEM65 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2 CSL kit that a person backed out of so I will be using it in May if they sold skin by itself I would buy. Or if I didn’t already have CSL I would just buy the whole gyeon kit. But I should probably just stay in line and buy exo to put over CSl plus I’ve never done EXO but have done CSL. Trying to decide if Exo is worth it. If I put Exo on I would not use any toppers just wash. If I do just CSL I like to top it. csl sheets really well but doesn’t bead as good but sheeting is very good from my experience

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mgavin1985 View Post
    I have a 2 CSL kit that a person backed out of so I will be using it in May if they sold skin by itself I would buy. Or if I didn’t already have CSL I would just buy the whole gyeon kit. But I should probably just stay in line and buy exo to put over CSl plus I’ve never done EXO but have done CSL. Trying to decide if Exo is worth it. If I put Exo on I would not use any toppers just wash. If I do just CSL I like to top it. csl sheets really well but doesn’t bead as good but sheeting is very good from my experience
    EXO is fairly straight forward to use. Very hydrophobic as well. Not as slick as Skin but still not bad.

5. Likes Angus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had CSL + EXO on my DD for ~6 months now. Beading is still strong and showing no signs of decreased hydrophobic activity.

Super easy product combo to apply as well. I'd highly recommend it as a first time coating for anyone interested in stepping up from a traditional wax or sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

When doing the CLS/EXO combo, are folks topping with C2V3? I still wanna try this combo at some point; when I did CSL + C2V3 the water-spotting/self-cleaning was subpar until 2 or so months in. Figure maybe that's when the C2V3 wore off?

Post Thanks / Like

In the last year I have done 7 with CSL and did the EXO on 6 of those none got C2V3. The only thing that has gone on any of them is PA HG as a drying aid a few times a year and so far just on my car but my brothers pair will be done soon. Last I saw his Escalade it had just went through a touchless and was showing some road film on the sides.

9. Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have some video of the last bucket wash I did last Oct which is with about 7 months on the CSL/EXO. I should of done it all but didn't but it will give you an idea on the water behavior of the combo. It starts with my 2nd foam (I first foamed and then rinsed) which I left on during the actual washing. Then the 2nd rinse and blowing most of the water off before hand drying in the garage. At that time I had PA Cristal/Rain9h on my windshield which was about a year old and I just redid all my glass with G1 to see how it holds up. I do have enough of the PA stuff to do at least one more time but want to try the Gtec stuff.

YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Well you guys have convinced me and I’m going to get Exo. I want to get 2 applications one in March and then one in October. Can a bottle of opened Exo 50ml have enough shelf life once opened to last 6 months or should I just get the 30mls and do 1 application.

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody have a coupon code for 15% off and free shipping?

Post Thanks / Like

Well you guys have convinced me and I’m going to get Exo. I want to get 2 applications one in March and then one in October. Can a bottle of opened Exo 50ml have enough shelf life once opened to last 6 months or should I just get the 30mls and do 1 application.
    Pulled straight from GTechniq's site

Q: What's the best way to store opened bottles and how long do opened bottles "keep"?

A: The best place to store opened bottles is next to your bottles of Chateau Laffite 1953 (we assume only the best for Gtechniq customers!) - ie at a cool stable temperature, dry and out of direct sunlight. We recommend using up the bottle within 3 months of opening.

Q: Can it be layered/stacked?

A: For optimal results we recommend two layers of EXO. These can be applied one right after the other (but be sure start on the same panel and work in the same sequence). Further layers can be applied but to little extra advantage.

Anybody have a coupon code for 15% off and free shipping?
    There is a 20% off sale going on at the moment.

German car care on sale!! Plus an additional....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast