autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Mother's Leather Products...One vs the Other??

Anyone compared Mother's Leather Wash foaming cleaner vs the Leather Cleaner? And likewise the newer Leather Creme vs the Leather Conditioner? I've used the latter of the products (that have been out for a while) with great results, but haven't tried the newer stuff yet? Do they have a different goal or target audience? Or is just another product line to make choosing more difficult? Thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mother's Leather Products...One vs the Other??

Can't comment on Mother's but I will stand strong in my opinion that Optimum Protectant Plus is by far one of the best conditioners out there. Leaves the leather supple but not at all shiny or slippery or oily in any way. Very nice natural and factory matt-finish to the leather.

I was very concerned as my car has really nice nappa leather and I did not want any cheap looking sheen or like to it.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of leather?

Just call me Mr. Mom
    Post Thanks / Like

I answered your question over on our forum.

The foaming cleaner is a great product that cleans very well and is convenient for perforated leather.

The Leather Cream isn't oily, slick or shiny, and is perfect for those who don't want shiny.

Post Thanks / Like

The leather wash and leather cream are great products. Give them a shot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    I was very concerned as my car has really nice nappa leather and I did not want any cheap looking sheen or like to it.

Is it coated leather? How's the texture on it? Smooth or coarse?
    What kind of scent does that product have? And what's your preferred method of applying it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
    Anyone compared Mother's Leather Wash foaming cleaner vs the Leather Cleaner? And likewise the newer Leather Creme vs the Leather Conditioner? I've used the latter of the products (that have been out for a while) with great results, but haven't tried the newer stuff yet? Do they have a different goal or target audience? Or is just another product line to make choosing more difficult? Thanks guys.

We came out with Leather Wash and Leather Cream a few years ago to provide a new and innovative way to formulate and apply leather care products. We developed a great foaming cleaner that eliminates overspray and a protective conditioner that eliminates spill -- while offering a unique experience in terms of providing a non-slippery natural finish with virtually no added sheen. It is recommended by a major aftermarket and OEM supplier.

Leather Cleaner and Leather Conditioner have been around for decades. We recently updated the packaging to make them easier to use. The cleaner spray cleans deep and the rich conditioner lotion provides a lustrous sheen that gives an obvious appearance that you've done something good for your leather. Both of these legacy products have been used and recommended by top leather makers in the automotive industry and OEMs.

While you can mix or match, I usually recommend your choice be based on whether you want a natural look or a wet look. For the crowd (generally the older generation) who is conscious of a desire to "slide-into" their seat, I generally recommend the latter.

If looking for a one-step product in the Mothers line, our popular VLR will give a low-gloss natural look, while our new Leather Care provides a long-lasting lustrous sheen.
    Mothers Polish
    Customer Service & Technical Support
    jimd@mothers_dot_com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Is it coated leather? How's the texture on it? Smooth or coarse?
    It's real Napa leather and not coated leather. It's very smooth, very tight and very soft. The appearance is so pure and natural thus why I stress this product has no fake oily or shiny appearance characteristics that would IMO ruin the quality of what I paid for in the car.

More than you asked but also very cool and interesting.
    https://www.audiusa.com/technology/d...or-design.html

What kind of scent does that product have? And what's your preferred method of applying it?
    The scent is very slight and neutral. It fades and does not linger. I apply it with a folded section of microfiber cloth and after I'm done with one full seat and it's nearly fully soaked in, I will begin to just wipe any remaining product dry and help insure it blends without leaving any noticeably applications marks. Rare but if you heavily soak or spray it directly on the seats you will just need to wipe that area dry.

I hope this helps.

In terms of scent, the VERY best I've ever had is Griot's Garage Leather Care Spray. Bummer is I can't seem to find it online any more. However, I'm off to a local place that I know sells it. It's 100% New Car Leather scented. I loved using it in between using the Optimum product. I'll post back if I find it.
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

@pdqgp. Is that your car, or a file photo?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    @pdqgp. Is that your car, or a file photo?
    File pics for the sakes of replying in a timely fashion. Same interior only I have a few bits of Carbon Fiber as a factory option too. (around the center shifter area and passenger dash and door panels)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast