autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Master Blaster Hose extension - alternative brands?

I've been meaning to get a 30+ foot hose for my MB so that I can leave the unit on my cart instead of dragging it around behind me as I go around the car...

...the metrovac 30' hose is an astounding $75, which is way more than I will spend on an air hose.

The site says it is a 30'x1.5" hose, so I have found that most pool vacuum hoses are the same diameter and come in varying lengths... example: 40'x1.5" vacuum hose: $41

Tried searching a bit and didn't find anything, so has anyone used alternative hoses either from the hardware store, pool supply store, whatever? I can't think of any reason it would be any different than the master blaster hose, but it is always worth asking first!

Thanks in advance.

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Master Blaster Hose extension - alternative brands?

Great question - I have been wondering the same. I intend to find out here pretty quick, if no one has any feedback. Thanks for that pic of your cart. I dig that brush hook setup!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    I've been meaning to get a 30+ foot hose for my MB so that I can leave the unit on my cart instead of dragging it around behind me as I go around the car...

...the metrovac 30' hose is an astounding $75, which is way more than I will spend on an air hose.

The site says it is a 30'x1.5" hose, so I have found that most pool vacuum hoses are the same diameter and come in varying lengths... example: 40'x1.5" vacuum hose: $41

Tried searching a bit and didn't find anything, so has anyone used alternative hoses either from the hardware store, pool supply store, whatever? I can't think of any reason it would be any different than the master blaster hose, but it is always worth asking first!

Thanks in advance.
    Aren't pool hoses pretty heavy?

Post Thanks / Like

Rules broken once again and nothing done. LOL! What a joke that warning was I guess.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious as well. I'd really like a longer hose to make drying a little less cumbersome.

Post Thanks / Like

Master Blaster Hose extension - alternative brands?

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Rules broken once again and nothing done. LOL! What a joke that warning was I guess.

Which rules?

I looked... PBMG no longer sells the metro 30' hose.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    Aren't pool hoses pretty heavy?
    The 10 ft master blaster hose is pretty heavy, therefore I would imagine it is quite similar. All of the vacuum type hoses appear to be pretty similar construction from what I can see in the photos.

Post Thanks / Like

The 10 ft master blaster hose is pretty heavy, therefore I would imagine it is quite similar. All of the vacuum type hoses appear to be pretty similar construction from what I can see in the photos.
    Back when I bought mine, they were selling the 10' as an extension hose so you could have a 20' hose, I know they don't sell that here now, but I didn't know that Metro made a 30' hose.

It seems unlikely that Metro would use a custom hose style so you should be good with those others you found as long as you can re-use whatever adapters you need.

I bought a little rolling platform from that Freight place to put my (Air Force) Blaster on and make a little rolling cart that I could coil the hose up on it, but I never got around to finishing it. Looks like you might have a tough time with 30 or 40 feet of hose on your cart, or do you disconnect it each time?

Post Thanks / Like

I disconnect it each time and hang the hose on the wall. Easier to store and just takes a minute to reattach it before a job.

Post Thanks / Like

I disconnect it each time and hang the hose on the wall. Easier to store and just takes a minute to reattach it before a job.
    Well...that sounds smarter than the way I do it...which should be no surprise to me. Seems like you should be stopping by a pool supply store, then you can clear up any thread issues with the adapters and maybe get a better price than what you showed if they have bulk spools of hose.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast