autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Detailers P vs. Meguiars

Howdy guys,

I wanted to ask about a couple of products compared between the two brands of DP and Meguiars. I haven't used DP yet, and I just wanted to know from those of you who have experienced results from both, how the Carnuba Wax and Interior Protectants of Meguiars measures up to the DP line of the same products.

If it's not a huge difference then I'd like to just stick with the Megs, but if it's a pretty strong quality difference that would make the extra money be worth paying then I might Try some DP's.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks all,

Ray

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detailers P vs. Meguiars

DP makes some good products. In your other thread you stated you have Meg's ultimate wax. It is actually a sealant. If you are looking to compare sealants, DP Poli-Coat would be it.

DP makes great products. Poli-Coat is thinner in viscosity than UW. Poli-Coat in my experience will last a little longer.

In regards to a carnauba comparison, DP max wax is a great carnauba. But Meg's M26 is hard to beat as well. Both are excellent products.

In regards to interior protectants, again both work great. DP interior darkens the interior. It has less gloss. I am comparing this to Meg's natural shine as in my opinion is close to the look of DP. Other than natural shine having the slightest hint of shine over DP.

Is it enough for you to switch, well that is purely up to you. I know it's not the answer you want to hear. If you want to try something different then try out DP. But as Mike Philiips would say, find something you like and use it often.

I'm a fan of both but lean more towards Meguiar's.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never used DP but Meguiars products have proven themselves and you can't go wrong with them. I have full confidence AutoGeek doesn't sell products that don't work as advertised and I am certain they do their homework before they decide to stock something as its their reputation on the line. That being said all PBMG items have a loyal following so that should tell you something.

Post Thanks / Like

Very helpful guys, and I agree with Meguiars being a go-to for me also. I mean detail shops around the Nation use their products and for a long time now. They must know what they are doing.

I know a lot of people have differing opinions about the Ultimate Interior Protectant. But for my car, I like it a lot.

What I end up doing, is buffing it with a micorfiber towel a little after I apply it, and it leaves a DEEP, SATINY look to it.

Some of my customers didn't like it in their cars, they said it was still to shiny. But in my 2001 Honda CRV the dashboard has deeper grain on the vinyl than other cars, so that's why it probably looks better on my car.

Post Thanks / Like

They are both good brands that make good products, so you really aren't going to go wrong with either. One word of advice. When I was just starting this hobby up, I tried to make sure all product I used come from the same brand. Doing that made me miss out on better products. I would say don't worry about making sure all of your product come from the same brand or you'll be missing out on some good stuff. Also, the best product is the one that you like the best. That's why it's important to get out there and try different things so you can develop your own tastes and style.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never used a DP product that has let me down. They are top notch products.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Rougegeek, that sounds like some pretty sound advice man! And I will keep an open mind to what works best for each different situation. Thank you for for posting that.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you also Pro 4x, As I hear more and more people talk about DP, it sounds like they offer some pretty Solid performing products. I even think I saw Michael Phillips saying that his favorite Tire Dressing is DP's.

Post Thanks / Like

DP is a great line, you cannot take anything away from it. There are currently 8 Meguiar's Detailer's Line products on my counter. For the price, amount, dilution, and results, Meg's is bringing home the bacon for me right now.
    Autogeek OG. Attended detail fest I/II. Still detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Ryandemartini, I will be using up all my Ultimate lines on the three vehicles this week, and after those are gone, I will be buying from the Detailers line to help be cost efficient. Right off the bat, I will be getting APC, Super Degreaser, and then I will have to figure out what other products are going to be good for me to use.

Guys, I have posted something like this last week, and was going to see if anyone has any input on this current Truck. I will be detailing a 2012 Dodge Ram Double Cab or full cab whatever is the Big one for passengers to sit in.

I will be:

Hand Washing
    Clay Baring
    Hand Ultimate compounding
    Hand Waxing Ultimate Liquid Wax
    Ultimate Black for exterior Trim and Tires
    Cleaning wheels and polishing them
    Vacuum interior
    Clean Weathertech Floor Liners
    Clean and Protect Interior surfaces
    Windows inside and out
    Detail Meticulously Control Nobs, Vents, Instruments, Cup holders, Etc.
    Door Jams

I was wondering if any of you guys might have what an adequate Charge for this Truck I can Charge?

Thankyou all and take care!

Ray

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast