autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered the Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Car Wax

Any tips on working with it? (Prolly gonna apply it by machine, if that makes a difference.) Thanks!
    Mike Honcho

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I just ordered the Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Car Wax

Hi Mike, no tips... I use a LC 5.5 CCS Blue and just circle it on the pad and apply in thin even coats. You don't need to wait for this wax to dry, just apply and wipe. Goes on easy, comes off easy, looks amazing and lasts a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes very nice product.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, no drying required? No hazing? Dang!

Mike Honcho

Post Thanks / Like

I just did my Lexus by hand a couple weeks ago with it. Put it own with a yellow foam pad by hand. By the time the wax was on the whole car, it hazed up a bit and I used one towel to take it off. Very easy to work with.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a blue flat lake country of to apply with my griots 6 inch polisher. Yep no drying, can wipe off anytime after it hits the paint and it wipes off literally like nothing was ever there. So easy to work with and great results.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
    Wow, no drying required? No hazing? Dang!

Wait for it to haze and then wipe off. My guess 5 to 10 minutes. The liquid wax is not a WOWO wax. You will dig the wax...good stuff!!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Any tips on working with it? (Prolly gonna apply it by machine, if that makes a difference.) Thanks!
    I'm thinking the comments you've been getting about wiping off immediately may have been confused with the solid Souveran Wax which is wowo. In AG's instructions below it says to allow the Liquid version to dry.

Directions:

Shake well.
    Liquid Souverän should be applied to paint that's free of contaminants and previously applied waxes and sealants. Use Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay to remove above surface contaminants and Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion to polish the surface. This will enable Liquid Souveran to form a complete bond to the surface, enabling maximum durability and shine.
    Very important - apply a THIN coat! Apply a Nickel size amount of wax on the applicator and wipe a thin coat of wax on the surface using a circular or back-and-forth motion. This wax is not fussy. Use a motion that you are comfortable with. The beauty of this liquid wax is that you can do sections or the whole vehicle at once.
    Work on a cool surface, out of direct sunlight. Allow the wax to dry to a light haze and buff off using a clean, soft microfiber towel.
    Don't hesitate to apply this wax with a machine. Use a red or blue finishing pad with your Porter Cable 7424xp. Set the speed setting between 3 and 4. Work in a back and forth, then up and down motion. There's no need to apply pressure. Buff using a microfiber towel or a microfiber bonnet over a Lambswool 6 Inch Leveling Pad.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Once you're done...Beware:
    Don't gaze upon the finished product
    without the Oakleys securely in place!!

Oakley Madman Polarized in PEWTER / BLACK IRIDIUM POLARIZED | Oakley

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered the Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Car Wax

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    I'm thinking the comments you've been getting about wiping off immediately may have been confused with the solid Souveran Wax which is wowo. In AG's instructions below it says to allow the Liquid version to dry.

Directions:

Shake well.
    Liquid Souverän should be applied to paint that's free of contaminants and previously applied waxes and sealants. Use Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay to remove above surface contaminants and Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion to polish the surface. This will enable Liquid Souveran to form a complete bond to the surface, enabling maximum durability and shine.
    Very important - apply a THIN coat! Apply a Nickel size amount of wax on the applicator and wipe a thin coat of wax on the surface using a circular or back-and-forth motion. This wax is not fussy. Use a motion that you are comfortable with. The beauty of this liquid wax is that you can do sections or the whole vehicle at once.
    Work on a cool surface, out of direct sunlight. Allow the wax to dry to a light haze and buff off using a clean, soft microfiber towel.
    Don't hesitate to apply this wax with a machine. Use a red or blue finishing pad with your Porter Cable 7424xp. Set the speed setting between 3 and 4. Work in a back and forth, then up and down motion. There's no need to apply pressure. Buff using a microfiber towel or a microfiber bonnet over a Lambswool 6 Inch Leveling Pad.
    In theory, I guess if you do the whole car and then wipe off you should be good then? I swear I remember Mike saying that it can be wiped off right away when we did that Plymouth Satellite for the My Classic Car shoot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast