autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Section pass advice

Hey guys

I'm curious to know how fast I should go to complete one section pass on a flex 3401 with lake country hybrid pads?

I know the process should be very slow to complete one pass with an orange hybrid pad but what about a white pad on soft paint with WFG polish?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Section pass advice

Passes are determined,with the results that your looking for such as gloss and clarity if you can achieve that in 3 passes rather then 5 nobody on the forum can give you a definitive answer they don't know what the paint condition is like.we can only give you ideas and sometimes it speculation.so only you will know how many passes it takes for the paint to be the way you want it to look.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he was asking more about *how long* it takes to do a single section pass. But the answer would be similar - it depends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rose
    I am cursed for life because I can never look at beautiful paint without seeing the defects

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I was asking about how long it should take to complete a section pass. I figured someone would say that. I thought there was just specific amount of time for each pad lol. I've been doing 6-8 passes with semi slow hand speed and have been getting good results

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah there isn't a time frame. Do your test spot and if u are happy just keep doing that. If not slow down some or whatever
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good! Oh, and one more question. Does wolfgang finishing glaze have more cut than menzerna 4000? I have both and it seems like finishing glaze 'finishes' better than menzerna.

Post Thanks / Like

I think in my opinion is wg,but again wg may not give you the best finish before lsp.you may have to do a big section to analyze what product will be well suited for you and the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danny9447537 View Post
    Hey guys

I'm curious to know how fast I should go to complete one section pass on a flex 3401 with lake country hybrid pads?

I know the process should be very slow to complete one pass with an orange hybrid pad but what about a white pad on soft paint with WFG polish?
    The general guideline I use is 1 inch per second and increase or decrease the time as I lock-in my process when doing one or more test spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny9447537 View Post
    Sounds good! Oh, and one more question. Does wolfgang finishing glaze have more cut than menzerna 4000? I have both and it seems like finishing glaze 'finishes' better than menzerna.
    Menz SF-4000 has slightly more cut then Wolfgang FG. That said, paint systems will react different (better or worse) for one product vs. others. That's the whole purpose of performing test spots. ;-) Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

I also forgot to mention that I was going to coat my vehicle in Cquartz uk. I did a test spot with menzerna 4000 and wg finishing glaze and wfg did slightly better. Don't know why. This is my first time with 5" pads and I'm enjoying how easy it is to control.