autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Black and Bean dust: Not a good combination.

I prefer detailing inside 100%.

I'm working on black paint and this time of year here in part of the farm belt detailing can certainly try your patience. Of course, black paint on a daily driver will do that too even without bean fibers falling like rain.

Re-polished my black hood last night and was running out of light. Got up this morning and the bean dust, that fell before the dew landed on the paint and through the night, caused that dust to be much harder to remove short of re-washing. I used some ONR and clean micro-fiber towel, but even at that there's so much bean fibers floating in the air at daylight that you have to re-wipe a panel about every other section pass.

Uhhgg!!
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Black and Bean dust: Not a good combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post

I'm working on black paint and this time of year here in part of the farm belt detailing can certainly try your patience. Of course, black paint on a daily driver will do that too even without bean fibers falling like rain.

Re-polished my black hood last night and was running out of light. Got up this morning and the bean dust, that fell before the dew landed on the paint and through the night, caused that dust to be much harder to remove short of re-washing. I used some ONR and clean micro-fiber towel, but even at that there's so much bean fibers floating in the air at daylight that you have to re-wipe a panel about every other section pass.

Uhhgg!!
    Bill, I think we have to look at the bright side of this predicament. Correct me if I'm wrong, and I never am, the accumulation of so said bean dust will actually help the paint release any remaining gases that may of been trapped or not released after initial painting. Now explaining a farting car to your neighbors is far easier than cleaning your fartmobile with ONR. Good luck my friend.

Peace,

Darrin

Post Thanks / Like

Beans make you fart! Bean Dust....man!! Never heard of that!! Sounds worse than farts!! Does your car fart now?..... Oh man!! I am sorry but this is new to me....bean dust....maybe that is some sort of pixie dust!

Sorry for your pain but Bill thank you for the laugh today!!

This "city boy" is still crackin up!

Have an awesome day! Either way you will bring your ride back to your excellent standards minus the farts!!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Souldetailer View Post
    Bill, I think we have to look at the bright side of this predicament. Correct me if I'm wrong, and I never am, the accumulation of so said bean dust will actually help the paint release any remaining gases that may of been trapped or not released after initial painting. Now explaining a farting car to your neighbors is far easier than cleaning your fartmobile with ONR. Good luck my friend.

Peace,

Darrin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    Beans make you fart! Bean Dust....man!! Never heard of that!! Sounds worse than farts!! Does your car fart now?..... Oh man!! I am sorry but this is new to me....bean dust....maybe that is some sort of pixie dust!

Sorry for your pain but Bill thank you for the laugh today!!

This "city boy" is still crackin up!

Have an awesome day! Either way you will bring your ride back to your excellent standards minus the farts!!
    Thanks for the laughs fella's.

These farmers around here are harvesting their crops and corn and bean dust abound. Many people I know, including me, my wife and my son, have been, or are fighting allergies as a result of the dust and mold spores in the air. It's not just dust though, like you get when harvesting corn and wheat...the fibers get on and in everything. Soybean pods are fuzzy on the outside of the pods and when they dry (typing this for the city folks on the forum...LOL) and the beans are picked the bean hulls and fibers are expelled from the rear ( ha...ha...fftt) of the combines (that's a modified tractor you know...LOL) and huge plumes of dust result. These plumes of dust can be seen miles away and the dust and fibers travel miles. Corn and wheat are nothing, but bean dust/fibers...Gosh I hate it. In my case, I'm less than a mile from field after field of crops, all to my west where the winds can blow it all from the state of Colorado right into my front door. LOL!
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Uhhgg!!

These farmers around here are harvesting their crops and corn and bean dust abound. Many people I know, including me, my wife and my son, have been, or are fighting allergies as a result of the dust and mold spores in the air. It's not just dust though, like you get when harvesting corn and wheat...the fibers get on and in everything. Soybean pods are fuzzy on the outside of the pods and when they dry (typing this for the city folks on the forum...LOL) and the beans are picked the bean hulls and fibers are expelled from the rear ( ha...ha...fftt) of the combines (that's a modified tractor you know...LOL) and huge plumes of dust result. These plumes of dust can be seen miles away and the dust and fibers travel miles. Corn and wheat are nothing, but bean dust/fibers...Gosh I hate it. In my case, I'm less than a mile from field after field of crops, all to my west where the winds can blow it all from the state of Colorado right into my front door. LOL!
    Man, that sucks. Can't you know, kinda scoop it up and make a burrito or something. Bill, I've made a little fun and all, but a clean machine is important to all of us here. Hope you can get back to a regular schedule.

Peace,

Darrin

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for teaching this "City Boy" some stuff. Never new the dust kick up from farming. My guess you will make your ride look spotless!!

Take care!!

PS: Still a fun post!!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Great explanation. That is so true. If it is a windy day, it can only be 30 minutes and your car is dusty. Just that time of year in the midwest lol.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    2014 Toyota Venza LE-Attitude Black Metallic
    2010 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 - Royal Red Metallic
    2006 Honda Odyssey EXL - Slate Green Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

First time I ever knew that situation existed.

Post Thanks / Like

Bill,

I hear ya about the 'farmers left overs'. Our street backs up to the east of a 100 acre field. Monday, 45-50MPH (out of the west winds) and this door knob (he isn't the most friendly man in the world) is combining corn! Needless to say, WHADA MESS!

Bill
    In dog beers, I've only had one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillE View Post
    Bill,

I hear ya about the 'farmers left overs'. Our street backs up to the east of a 100 acre field. Monday, 45-50MPH (out of the west winds) and this door knob (he isn't the most friendly man in the world) is combining corn! Needless to say, WHADA MESS!

Bill
    That's what I'm dealing with right now. Our area is suburban housing developments interspersed with corn fields. Corn husk dust is raining down everywhere right now. We don't have the wind, so the big pieces are still in the fields. I'm not looking forward to the winds picking up and finding my yard full of corn harvest debris.

I washed my black car a few days ago and after only one day sitting in the parking lot at work it was covered in dust and tiny chunks of husk. Looked like I hadn't washed it in a week or two. There is no way I'll do anything but a bucket wash at this point to avoid the risk of swirls.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast