autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Process Charts for Quoting

How many of you currently use, or have considered using a Process Breakdown chart for some of your customers?

I have recently taken on a new software program which allows me to easily make a Process Breakdown chart, where the customer can see in brief the steps I would be taking on their vehicle, and also justifying the time required for some jobs. As well, I am currently working on some polished versions for my website to help people understand my processes.

GRAPHICS = WIN!

I have created a few quick mock-up designs as seen below - please note that they are mock-ups only and is only for show. I did not include all necessary notes, and times are for demo only:

For my market, being able to provide documentation such as this along with Vehicle Inspection Forms, etc, has become a staple in gaining business.

If anyone is interested in creating these for your customers, the software is online-based and even free:

https://www.mindmeister.com/#all

There are many uses for this!

Besides being fantastic for process breakdowns, these are useful in many business and personal applications. Trip planning, brainstorming, hierarchy displays, etc.

I hope that this will help you out in one way or another - just a great tool that I came across that I now use daily. Please note, I am not in any way affiliated with the linked business and receive no incentives or anything of the matter through this post.
    Owner of Unleashed Auto Care
    www.unleashedautocare.com
    Proudly Serving Automotive Enthusiasts Across Saskatchewan

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Process Charts for Quoting

Honestly I feel that might be a little much for a customer to take in. They wont understand 90% of the terms on the chart. They just need some basic terms and if they ask questions clarify. However, on a personal note I love the chart but more so for the detailing community.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Process Charts for Quoting

I can agree with your overall point.

As I had mentioned, I use it for some of my customers. Recently I took it on as a request, as the customer was knowledgable on detailing as a whole, but simply did not feel comfortable working on their own vehicles.

The charts are definitely not for every customer - but for the ones that inquire as to my processes, I've provided a total of 3 now to those types of customers who have loved them. Again - not for everyone, but it definitely has its place I feel.

I never thought about the community uses. Great idea! It's a fun tool to play around with and I'm using it regularly now just to see what I can come up with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Owner of Unleashed Auto Care
    www.unleashedautocare.com
    Proudly Serving Automotive Enthusiasts Across Saskatchewan