autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Looking for a vacuum

I'm looking to replace my 2.5 hp shop vac for a real auto vacuum. I have been looking at the metro vacuum on Amazon. Are they good? Which model is better? They have so many to choose from? Or is there better option in the same price range? I need something with more power. I'm looking for something small but powerful

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for a vacuum

The Metro Vacs are very powerful and well made.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using the setup below for the last 3 years with very good luck. Filter cleaning / changes every 3rd or 4th car ( or after a nasty one ) keeps the suction strong. Lots of detailers use this vac. Reliable, cheap and great performance. Love the fact you can attach hose to exhaust port to turn it into a filtered blower too!

RIDGID 4-gal. Wet/Dry Vacuum-WD4070 - The Home Depot

RIDGID Premium Car Cleaning Kit-VT2534 - The Home Depot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Firehouse Mike View Post
    I have been using the setup below for the last 3 years with very good luck. Filter cleaning / changes every 3rd or 4th car ( or after a nasty one ) keeps the suction strong. Lots of detailers use this vac. Reliable, cheap and great performance.

I use this setup with the Ridgid bags. Never have to clean the filter that way. I've had it for a couple years and the inside looks brand new. Just throw the bag away when they get full.

Walter

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk
    2009 Volvo S60 2.5T Black 2011 Mini Countryman Oxford Green Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

Hoover CH3000 - Commercial Portapower Vacuum Cleaner, 8.3 lbs, Black: Household Canister Vacuums: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Now see this little son of a gun? I've had one, and had it for 17 years. And it's never let me down, still working like the day I got it.

It has a bag that is easily emptied, not a throw away bag, has enough capacity to clean virtually all vehicles, unless you're working on some real pig's sty.

With the standard hose, I can usually let the canister sit right outside a car door, then go to work. The other springy hose is like a slinky toy.

I like that is it relatively small, who wants to drag around a 12-16 gallon shop vac for a car?

Comes with a shoulder strap, all attachments, and this little vac is truly a great little workhorse. When this one ever fails, I will be buying another for sure.

Great for tight spots around the house too!

The only bad thing I see about this Vac now, is that at one time it would come with a non-springy-retractable hose. I have both, the retractable hose is garbage, and a pain to use

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Firehouse Mike View Post
    I have been using the setup below for the last 3 years with very good luck. Filter cleaning / changes every 3rd or 4th car ( or after a nasty one ) keeps the suction strong. Lots of detailers use this vac. Reliable, cheap and great performance. Love the fact you can attach hose to exhaust port to turn it into a filtered blower too!

I use the same exact setup. It's great.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the RIGID Pro Pak. It's rectangular, and all self-contained. I like that everything fits neatly inside. Makes it easily portable. I use this for extra badly soiled vehicles with lots of large debris.

I also have a Metro Vac-n-blo. It's pretty good until the filter begins to clog, which in my experience doesn't take long. Take off the suction assembly with two easy clips, pop the hose on the blower port and it doubles as a pretty stout blower. Great for air purging. Mine came with the dolly, which was held on with stick-on hook-and-loop. After a week of use, the hook-and-loop adhesive came undone from the vac. I never really used it anyway. If you get the option to pay extra for the dolly, don't.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking for something small and very strong power. so may choices. not sure which one to go with. I do like the wall mounts

Post Thanks / Like

I just got a Rigid 6 gallon unit a while back and couldn't be happier. I have owned Sears brand Shop-Vacs in the past and was hesitant to switch, but with all of the Sears Hardware stores in my area closing it made my decision a lot easier. Filters are affordable and Home Depot is just around the corner.
    2007 Chevy Equinox
    2008 Saturn Outlook

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rightaway View Post
    I'm looking for something small and very strong power. so may choices. not sure which one to go with. I do like the wall mounts
    Well, both of the vacs I listed are strong. The RIGID Pro Pak has decent suction, and sucks up a higher volume of air per unit time.

The Metro is smaller, and has a good amount of lift. Don't let its puny size fool you, it's surprisingly powerful.

The metro is my go-to, unless I need to suck up chunks of mud, anything wet, cigarette butts, miscellaneous wrappers, hay, animal food, or the like then it's definitely the RIGID.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast