autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cquartz Questions Help?

Hello never used Cquartz before and seen its pretty popular and well liked seen some youtube videos and looks like decent stuff for the price.

Here are some questions i have if someone can help/answer i would gladly appreciate it

1. What is the difference between Cquartz UK and Cquartz Ceramic ? I am applying in a shop

2. Can a 30ml bottle do a Nissan GTR or a 4 door 750li BMW or should i just order the 50ml?

3. Is it easy to apply any tips/tricks that you wish you knew before you applied it.

4. Is there something you should definitely avoid while application.

5.After you apply how long do you wait to buff off also do you do this with a basic microfiber towel high gsm low gsm ?

6. After you apply when can you do a water sheet test.

7. I know you split the hood in half. But other panels like doors fenders do you do the whole panel or you split that too ?

Any tips advice your knowledge on application would be greatly appreciated im ordering right now so thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cquartz Questions Help?

1. What is the difference between Cquartz UK and Cquartz Ceramic ? I am applying in a shop
    the biggest difference is the flash time, CQUK made for cold temps applying, in hot temp, above 20 deg C it will flash almost instantly

2. Can a 30ml bottle do a Nissan GTR or a 4 door 750li BMW or should i just order the 50ml?yes 30ml should be enough for Nissan GTR , for the Bmw 750 i think need more.

3. Is it easy to apply any tips/tricks that you wish you knew before you applied it.The best trick is to test first the flash time before doing whole panel, test on small spot , measure the time at that temp you apply, the best time to wipe is when surface start to feel tacky. not too oily(too soon) or too sticky(too late).

4. Is there something you should definitely avoid while application.Avoid applying under the sun or windy day , if you do it outside

5.After you apply how long do you wait to buff off also do you do this with a basic microfiber towel high gsm low gsm ?see the wipe off time above, better use short pile mf to get better contact with surface and better grip

6. After you apply when can you do a water sheet test.After 48 hours , and avoid washing the car for 7 days, if you get water spots or birds drop, wipe them off asap.

7. I know you split the hood in half. But other panels like doors fenders do you do the whole panel or you split that too ?Yes , other panels you can do whole panel at once
    HTH

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cquartz Questions Help?

Quote Originally Posted by NextLevelDtail View Post
    Hello never used Cquartz before and seen its pretty popular and well liked seen some youtube videos and looks like decent stuff for the price.

Here are some questions i have if someone can help/answer i would gladly appreciate it

2. Can a 30ml bottle do a Nissan GTR or a 4 door 750li BMW or should i just order the 50ml?

3. Is it easy to apply any tips/tricks that you wish you knew before you applied it.

4. Is there something you should definitely avoid while application.

5.After you apply how long do you wait to buff off also do you do this with a basic microfiber towel high gsm low gsm ?

6. After you apply when can you do a water sheet test.

7. I know you split the hood in half. But other panels like doors fenders do you do the whole panel or you split that too ?

Any tips advice your knowledge on application would be greatly appreciated im ordering right now so thanks in advance
    Have your ever applied a coating before. I didn't find Cquartz to be any different than the others except you do a couple test spots to figure out your "wipe time".
    Former professional detailer. Current medical student (class of 2023)

2017 Infiniti Q60 3.0t AWD