autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Help me protect my new car

I bought a new Acure RDX recently, its a metalic/ charcoal grey color ( ya they have a fancy name for it )

Anyway I am somewhat new to this site and have learned a ton form what I knew a month ago.

WHen I got it new I put a coat of Megs gold class carnuba and have since did a polish job on my daughters scion (2008) that came out very nice!

For hers I did a med clay ( CG) then did a polish with a DA with orange pad and Megs ultimate polish, then toped it with Megs ultimate wax.

I would these products easy to use and to my eye very good results, it looks like a new car!

Back to my Dilemma.... I did the plastic bag test on the Acura and its VERY rough so I plan on claying with CG OG clay, then Im unsure what to do next.

I was thinking of maybe using the UP again with maybe a white pad, and doing the UW on it like I did and the scion.

I dont want to remove more paint that is neccesary if at all as its new, but ya now that I look closely the paint has orange peel and light scratches.

CG's is a block from my office so I have been going by there and getting a few things, should I use one of their products or stick with the Megs?

Any advice id greatly appreciated, thanks MIke

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help me protect my new car

The UP shouldn't remove enough clear to worry about. Do a test spot on the hood and if you are happy with how the UP worked you can proceed with the rest of the car. If not, then select another spot and try the UC and follow with the UP. Once you are happy with the correction, then add some wax. I haven't used any CG products, but there seem to be more complaints than praise for them. You can do a search for CG threads and determine for yourself, but the biggest complaint seems to be their customer service.

Walter

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk
    2009 Volvo S60 2.5T Black 2011 Mini Countryman Oxford Green Metallic