autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to clean your tire brush

I had a Boars Hair brush that would not come clean with anything I tried. What did work very well was pouring Persil laundry detergent on the bristles, working it in by hand, let it sit for 15-30 minutes then rinsing it out. Looked brand new when done.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I like using ZEP’s “Heavy Duty Oven
    and Grill Cleaner”
    to clean the nylon
    bristles of my Tuf Shine tire brushes.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

if you buy this tire brush you won't have to worry about grime building up on it. i have one just like this that has a smooth white handle and the weird thing is any dirt/contamination you get on it comes right off and doesn't stick to it, and same goes with the bristles...

https://www.autogeek.net/low-profile-tire-brush.html

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like a D for saying it but, if your tire cleaner, or whatever cleaner, isn’t breaking down what you are trying to clean and transferring to your brush, then I feel you are using the wrong cleaner.

Like trying to clean old gunked up motor with a weak rinseless wash.

5. Likes jknudsen27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post
    I feel like a D for saying it but, if your tire cleaner, or whatever cleaner, isn’t breaking down what you are trying to clean and transferring to your brush, then I feel you are using the wrong cleaner.

Like trying to clean old gunked up motor with a weak rinseless wash.
    What product do you use to clean your tires? And what does your brush look like?

Post Thanks / Like

How to clean your tire brush

I usually use LATA at around 3:1-4:1 for wheels, rims, and wells.

I’ve been using the low profile brush(black bristles) Visitor linked, but think I want something stiffer.

I used to use a white bristled regular old scrub brush and that make it more obvious whether it was clean or not. I would always rinse it well and try to keep it clean because I would also use it for scrubbing floor mats.

There are times when LATA won’t touch whatever tire dressing is on there and just wants to push it around, then I’ll use a citrus solvent product or Tarminator.

But my general theory is if my cleaner can’t clean the brush I just used and gunk is transferring it to my brush, then my cleaner really isn’t doing much and I need to step it up.

8. Thanks Eldorado2k, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been using the low profile brush(black bristles) Visitor linked, but think I want something stiffer.

I used to use a white bristled regular old scrub brush and that make it more obvious whether it was clean or not. I would always rinse it well and try to keep it clean because I would also use it for scrubbing floor mats.

There are times when LATA won’t touch whatever tire dressing is on there and just wants to push it around, then I’ll use a citrus solvent product or Tarminator.

But my general theory is if my cleaner can’t clean the brush I just used and gunk is transferring it to my brush, then my cleaner really isn’t doing much and I need to step it up.

I think the reason my tire brush gets dirty is because I’m too lazy to clean it after each use.. It gets rinsed and thats about it.

When it comes time to give it a thorough cleaning I use LATA straight undiluted. That stuff knocks the grime & tar right out. I’ve also been using it as my pad cleaner lately. Undiluted, just spray pads and massage it in, let dwell for a few minutes and spray with a jet from the hose nozzle on top of a grit guard.. Even pads that have been caked for weeks instantly come perfectly clean. Best pad cleaner ever. Lol.

I don’t use LATA for cleaning tires though... Tires usually get cleaned with Megs D143 or Super Degreaser, and I’ve just started using BriteMax Grimeout, the latter hasn’t really impressed me so far.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a new Carrand one with white bristles today from Napa while I was there so I’ll see if I notice and difference.

This one is super stiff.

Post Thanks / Like

What's LATA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I hit my Tuf Shine brush with my pressure washer in between tires, never really had a problem with anything sticking to or staining it. Then again i dont use any silicone based products on my tires. Chemical Guys VRP is and will be my only choice for tire dressing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast