autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Tornador Air Blow Out Gun - Compressor Size?

Hey All,

I picked up a Tornador Air Blow Out Gun and was wondering what compressor will work with this tool?

The one I have is a 2HP, 8 gallon 125PSI and it doesn't even work with it.. So looking to know what type of compressor you pros are using with this tool? Thanks all.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tornador Air Blow Out Gun - Compressor Size?

Quote Originally Posted by LaSHOOOOSH View Post
    Hey All,

I picked up a Tornador Air Blow Out Gun and was wondering what compressor will work with this tool?

The one I have is a 2HP, 8 gallon 125PSI and it doesn't even work with it.. So looking to know what type of compressor you pros are using with this tool? Thanks all.
    You'll need an air compressor that operates between 60 and 90 psi at 4.5< CFM.

I have a 33 gallon Husky at home that operates it without breaking a sweat. I'd imagine you can get away with a 25 gallon unit.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok great.. Looks like i'll have to upgrade.. Thanks Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    You'll need an air compressor that operates between 60 and 90 psi at 4.5< CFM.

I have a 33 gallon Husky at home that operates it without breaking a sweat. I'd imagine you can get away with a 25 gallon unit.

Post Thanks / Like

A little off topic Nick, but how well do you think your compressor at home would handle a Tornador classic?

Neil

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rockford33 View Post
    A little off topic Nick, but how well do you think your compressor at home would handle a Tornador classic?

Neil
    Hi Neil,

The Tornador (Classic and BLACK) perform flawlessly with my 33 gallon Husky. I cleaned my entire engine bay without the compressor kicking on once. Granted, if I were cleaning the inside of a minivan or large SUV, then yes it might run for a brief period, but my compressor fills up relatively quickly so that's not an issue.

Unless you're running a high-volume detail shop that's going to be using Tornador guns 12 hours a day, then a 30-35 gallon unit is perfect for casual use at home.

Tornador Black Engine Detailing - Review & How To

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek
    A couple weeks ago I picked up a 33 gallon Husky air compressor from Home Depot. It was a killer deal that I couldn't pass up. The first thing that came to mind was "Tornador." I've been using the Tornador BLACK here at AG headquarters for years now, but it's the one tool I've never been able to take home.

All you need is an air compressor that can produce 4.5 cfm at 90 psi. My Husky is a 33 gallon and it produces 5 cfm at 90 psi. If you have a pancake air compressor, it's not going to cut it. It's worth noting that my air compressor didn't turn on once the entire time I was using the Tornador BLACK.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! I've been looking to upgrade my compressor to handle my Tornador classic. I would love to get a 60 gallon (and they are only about $50 more), but I don't have 240 volt outlet available to run it.