autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Alternative to Klasse AIO and Sealant

Hi,

I've been using Klasse All-in-one and high gloss sealant for a couple of years and I really like the result but since it's a 2 step process it's really time consumming and I find the sealant hard to apply.

I usually use Klasse every 6 months, after a good wash and quick clay bar job I apply both Klasse product.

Can anybody suggest a product that would give the same result but be quicker to apply? I'm really looking for a good paint protection from the elements (harsh canadian winters) more than a showcar look.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Alternative to Klasse AIO and Sealant

Quote Originally Posted by sebster951 View Post
    I've been using Klasse All-in-one and high gloss sealant for a couple of years and I really like the result but since it's a 2 step process it's really time consumming and I find the sealant hard to apply.

Can anybody suggest a product that would
    give the same result but be quicker to apply?

Thank you for your suggestions!
    I'll suggest Meguiar's M20 Polymer Sealant.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Collinite 476s all the way

Post Thanks / Like

You're unlikely to get 6 mos. longevity out of 1-step process. If you only want to do 1 step, and you are happy with what you have, why don't you just use the KAIO and skip the KSG? Not going to last as long, though.

Bottom line is you have to do some sort of paint cleaning step (which the KAIO does), and for best longevity you will need to top it with something (like the KSG step). As has been suggested, you could use something like 476S as a KAIO topper.

Post Thanks / Like

You may not be saving yourself too much trouble replacing KSG with 476. 845 might give you the ease of use you're looking for.
    Although some may disagree, I find FK1000P very easy to apply and remove. Mine is still hanging in there since last Fall.

Post Thanks / Like

Duragloss 601 Marine & RV polish has chemical cleaners that people have reported good results with. Combined with the Duragloss 601 bonding agent the durability is great. You can mix the 501 and 601 together and get it all in one step.

Post Thanks / Like

sebster951 I also use member Klasse AIO and Sealant Glaze and once I found this detailed procedure by Klasse Act for applying KSG I have had no problem and great results.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

Congrats on the purchase of Klasse SG, or KSG as I like to refer to it as. Here's a simple way to properly use KSG for best results for application and removal:

-get yourself a bowl and add some water in it.

-I prefer a square cotton applicator, foam seems to not slide across the paint as well.

-find a small spray bottle, like 4 oz or so.

-dunk the applicator into the bowl of water, then pour some KSG into your small spray bottle.

-wring out the cotton applicator, making sure its damp but NOT dripping wet.

-depending upon the size of the panel and/or section your working on 1-2 sprays is more than enough. Wipe the KSG in from left to right, up and down, work it in real good.

-WIPE OFF RIGHT AWAY! This product is acylic, NO need for it to set up, anyone who says you leave it on the car does NOT know how to use it.

-Keep the applicator damp, it makes spreading KSG alot easier, easier is key when using KSG.

-DO NOT USE ON GLASS, its VERY hard to remove for some reason.

-Once your done the car will look great but the key is a 2nd coat, that needs to be applied 12 hrs later as KSG is acrylic it needs time to cure, 12 hrs is the shortest amount of time, the 2nd coat really makes the paint pop

To help maintain inbetween coats of KSG I like to make up a gallon of quick detailer using rinseless wash, adding 2 oz's of KSG into a made up gallon. This not only makes clean ups easier but you also end up adding another layer of KSG, albeit a thin layer for sure.