autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone run into xzilon coated cars?

I been looking into more information about this because I have a customer that wants a detail and their car was coated with this at the dealer. I know there are some issues I have to be careful with because I don't want to remove it to void any warranties that it may have come with it. I looked at the car today and it has minimal swirls and scratches so I'm thinking of wash, dry, klasse aio, then klasse s/g. Will the AIO remove the xzilon "coating." The car is less than a year old so it really doesn't need any abrasive polishing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone run into xzilon coated cars?

I would just do a clay and hand wash. I cut copied and pasted a post from an AGO thread. You could also find that thread under:

Does anyone have experience with Xzilon?

Here is what I copied and pasted:

I used to apply xzilon at a dealership, it seems to be a great sealant. I would compare it to 4* UPP in protection, but the dealership price on it is more for the warranty than the actual product. By having xzilon installed by the dealership, the paint is warrantied against oxidation and fading for 5 years; but there are loopholes in the system that don't allow most people to cash in on the warranty if something goes wrong with their paint.

The loopholes are that in the fine print, it says the warranty is void if you use a brush carwash or any not touchless carwash system...hand wash is ok. The way the dealership can tell if the car has been voided is by the pattern of scratches on the paint. Also no paintwork correction can be done outside the dealership.

Overall, the interior xzilon protection is outstanding, the paint protection is equivalent to a good sealant, and the price is for the warranty not the product itself.
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone run into xzilon coated cars?

I'm thinking about coming up with a dealership coating called Bazillion. The marketing is going to be:

Protection = Xzilon * Xzion^2 = Bazillion.

Then I'll cover up all the Powerlock labels with duct tape.

Seriously, if dude doesn't want to remove this product - just wash the car and use a spray wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Wash, clay, seal/wax and be done with it.

So, aside from rotary holograms, how would a dealer know if the paint had been corrected? It's not uncommon to see more variation in thickness from the factory than what is removed by a compound and polish.
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

Post Thanks / Like

IMO:
    The way that Xzilon is marketed...Anyone's vehicle
    that happens to run into Xzilon-coated cars...should
    just be able to bounce off unharmed.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

the dealership i work at used to use xzilon, but switched over to perma-plate.

if we perform any "warranty paint work" for xzilon customers we just apply perma-plate after whatever paint correction we do.

that being said, i'm sure if any paint correction is done at the dealer, they simply apply another coat of xzilon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Audios S6 View Post

So, aside from rotary holograms, how would a dealer know if the paint had been corrected?
    If you remove their pre-installed holograms, they are going to know it wasn't one of their guy's work.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks and I just wanted some feedback because I know some of you know more about it than I do. but the customer wanted to know if it would be removed. I didn't have a concrete answer so I did not say. That is why I asked. I want to just clay and wax it but I have had issues with Lexus/Toyota paint marring after using my nanoskin thus leading to using 106fa or DG precleaner #2 to clean it up. So I just wanted to clean the paint with the AIO then top it with s/g. Am I wrong with this approach?

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the above statement. How is the dealership going to know if any work was done to the vehicle's paint? I worked at a dealership and I have applied Xzilon. The warranty is what most of the customers wanted. The salesmen made up prices for it as they went along. The customers were given a bottle of the Xzilon to be reapplied in the future.
    2007 Chevy Equinox
    2008 Saturn Outlook

Post Thanks / Like

Ok well I kinda just wanted to know if the klasse AIO's cleaners will remove the xzilon coating or whatever they call it. I'm going to just assume it will but putting klasse AIO and 2 coats of S/G should be a good bit of protection if I do end up removing it. Thanks for the responses again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast